outlook express attachements

outlook express wont let me open an attachement on an
email.its calling it unsafe.how do i get access to these
attachments?
1 answer Last reply
More about outlook express attachements

    Hi Brett,

    This is a due to a feature in Outlook Express where-in it protects your system from virus attachments. If you're sure that the attachment is safe AND you have a real-time virus scanner running in the background, you may disable the virus protection feature of Outlook Express. Restart Outlook Express.

    Start Outlook Express.
    On the Tools menu, click Options.
    Click the Security tab, click to clear the Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus check box under Virus Protection, and then click OK.

    Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express?:
    http://www.winxptutor.com/oesecure.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

    "brett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:646801c482b0$5703d360$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    outlook express wont let me open an attachement on an
    email.its calling it unsafe.how do i get access to these
    attachments?

Configuration Outlook Express Microsoft Customization Windows XP