outlook express attachements

August 15, 2004 7:12:15 AM

outlook express wont let me open an attachement on an
email.its calling it unsafe.how do i get access to these
attachments?
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 8:08:13 PM

Hi Brett,

This is a due to a feature in Outlook Express where-in it protects your system from virus attachments. If you're sure that the attachment is safe AND you have a real-time virus scanner running in the background, you may disable the virus protection feature of Outlook Express. Restart Outlook Express.

Start Outlook Express.
On the Tools menu, click Options.
Click the Security tab, click to clear the Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus check box under Virus Protection, and then click OK.

Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express?:
http://www.winxptutor.com/oesecure.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en...

!