Sign in with
Your question

Battlefield 3 stops working

Last response: in Systems
November 18, 2011 2:12:58 AM

now i know im not the only one who has this issue. is there a way to fix it? i play for 30 minutes and then it locks up...just built this machine, new core, new board gpu.....can it be a faulty motherboard?
a b B Homebuilt system
November 19, 2011 1:30:04 AM

Are you able to get back to the desktop? Do you get an error message stating that the before mentioned program has stopped working or is unresponsive?

Also, for the sake of being thorough could you kindly post your build specs?
m
l
November 20, 2011 1:30:19 AM

ummm i did post my build specs bro, what more info do you need?
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
November 20, 2011 1:35:46 AM

He's asking if you can Ctrl/alt/delete and your computer is still functioning properly and only the game is freezing. ???
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 20, 2011 12:57:48 PM

My apologies, I did not notice your sig.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 20, 2011 1:33:25 PM

Also, since you've been playing for 30 min. it could be a heat problem. What case is it in? What psu do you have? Is it big enough to run your card? I figure it is but all these will give us a better picture of the system you're running. What about the operating system, which version and what bit 86x or 64? I see 3.25 GB usable, does that mean x86?
And the first question about game or machine freezing/locking up?
I found this on the official website for system Recommendation
Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Quad-Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Graphics Card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 or ATI RADEON 6950)
Sound Card: DirectX compatible
Anything less will most likely give you problems. And I know it's not the minimum requirements it's the recommended, but I have found that the minimum is just that - barely able to run it, and usually not well.

And I've read that if you update your firmware for the video card it should solve the problem.
m
l
November 22, 2011 1:11:34 PM

suteck said:
Also, since you've been playing for 30 min. it could be a heat problem. What case is it in? What psu do you have? Is it big enough to run your card? I figure it is but all these will give us a better picture of the system you're running. What about the operating system, which version and what bit 86x or 64? I see 3.25 GB usable, does that mean x86?
And the first question about game or machine freezing/locking up?
I found this on the official website for system Recommendation
Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Quad-Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Graphics Card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 or ATI RADEON 6950)
Sound Card: DirectX compatible
Anything less will most likely give you problems. And I know it's not the minimum requirements it's the recommended, but I have found that the minimum is just that - barely able to run it, and usually not well.

And I've read that if you update your firmware for the video card it should solve the problem.

yes im running win7 32 bit, my case is a coolmaster storm enforcer with plenty of space...got one 200mm fan in front, one 200mm fan on top, and one 120mm on back. both 200mm blowing in case and one 120mm blowing out of back. and i updated the drivers for that card.
m
l
November 22, 2011 1:15:17 PM

also recently i have reduce the over clock on my processor, to 4.0ghz. and my ram timing specs are 9-9-9-24, which my board in bios set to auto is like, 11-11-11-28....i have changed these settings according to my memory specs
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 22, 2011 7:07:21 PM

Good on the drivers but is there a firmware update for your video card. I think there is and that is what needs to be updated

Another thing I've seen people have success with is downloading afterburner and putting a slight overclock on the nvidia
m
l
December 10, 2011 6:27:18 PM

to all that tried to help to no avail, thanks....but i solved the problem myself. i had to run windows update and it solved everything!!
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 10, 2011 8:14:41 PM

LOL O:-) Enjoy its's a great game. You're gonna love it, I know i did/do
m
l
!