Accelero arctic 5870 vga fans cross fire install

wfo2222

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
Hello,
I will have to install 2 Actic Accero 5870 vga fans in my Ailienware Area 51 ATX desk top with Radeon HD 5870 cards due to fan failuar. Will they fit in slot 1 and slot 2, or will they be to close to each other? If so will the Crossfire cables be long enough if I have to use slot 1 and slot 3? Ant pre instal info would be appriciated.

Solution
I'm not real up to speed on VGA cooling, but in looking around, I came across the Scythe Setsugen 2 VGA Cooler. I found it at http://www.frozencpu.com/ and looks to fit your spacing requirements between cards. Note the actual height of the card is somewhat higher than the graphics card itself.

-Wolf sends

wfo2222

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
It says on my system info that allienware is the mfg of the mother board. But the mother board has c RU s on it. After looking at it again I don't realy have room to move it down because my sound ard is below. Any suggestions? I contacted ATI and they forwarded to their fan vendor. They do not sell repacement fans outside, only to ATI.

It seems many people have fan problems. I have spent days looking for a solution.
Any sugestions?

wfo2222

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011

Wolfshadw

Titan
I'm not real up to speed on VGA cooling, but in looking around, I came across the Scythe Setsugen 2 VGA Cooler. I found it at http://www.frozencpu.com/ and looks to fit your spacing requirements between cards. Note the actual height of the card is somewhat higher than the graphics card itself.

-Wolf sends

Solution

wfo2222

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
My CPU will not except the arctic coolers. I do not have enough space in the crossfire config. I tried to get OME fans from Radeon and Dell for my RADON to fix my vibration. Dell used to have the best support service. They no longer will stand behind their producks even knowing the fans are faulty.

ADDA ( fAN vendor) ), or ATI told me I had to buy a new cards @ $400.00 each.
After buying multable computers From Dell I will never buy another from them.

(BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!) THESE CARD HAVE FAULTY FANS AND NO SUPPORT FROM THE MANUFACTUERS!!! THESE ATI 5800 AND 5900 RADEON CARDS A ONLY 1 1\2 YEARS OLD!!! DO NOT PUCHASE THESE GRAPHICS CARDS!!! BAD VGA FANS> Just check You Tube. Many problems.