Nvidia Qaudro 600 (Both gaming and 3D animation)

Peacefulanimator

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
I saw plenty of reviews and comments saying the Quadro 600 is horrible for games. Well i just purchased one and tested that theory if the Quadro can play games and still use 3D programs like Autodesk Maya 2012. The reason why people say it can not play games is because the card was tweaked from the Nvidia Geforce 430GT and made the card only work with 3D programs. :(

After the card was installed, i quickly played a game of Crysis (Very demanding game) and it played so smoothly with the graphic settings on High (couldn't set it to very high as i do not have a 32bit system)
My previous card was a Radeon x800. It ran Crysis at medium settings with slight lag.This Quadro destroys the other card and plays the game with no problem, everything looks amazing. :eek:

After playing some games i decided its time to test its main purpose, and that was testing Autodesk Maya 2012. And i have to say it ran perfectly with no problems, rendering was quick and moving through the scene was smooth.

I highly recommend this card for both gaming and 3D animation purposes. But i have several question to ask all who are reading.

Why did so many people think it couldn't run a game (especially a high demanding game)?
Do you think it can do more then Crysis? If so then post a game list, i would be happy to try them and put them to the test.
What do they do to the card to make it work better with 3D programs?

Thanks for reading.

Difference between Geforce and Quadro cards... This'll be fun! :)

1st. The processing chips are identical in construction, the difference in the chips is that nVidia physically cuts connections on the Geforce series chips so the professional are unable to be used - they are disabled

The difference in performance is only in the drivers to the cards. Geforce cards are optimized for gaming / home use and primarily designed to run off of DirectX, while the Professional cards are designed around running intense simulations using openGL.

Basically a geforce is designed to do sloppy math as well as physics very quickly, with an emphasis on FPS.

While a Quatro is designed to do extremely precise math quickly, emphasizing accuracy.

lordstormdragon

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
"After playing some games i decided its time to test its main purpose, and that was testing Autodesk Maya 2012. And i have to say it ran perfectly with no problems, rendering was quick and moving through the scene was smooth. "

Rendering has nothing, nothing to do with the GPU at all in Maya. This card is a barebones, budget card and overpriced at best. Any Geforce or Radeon at the same price point would demolish this card for gaming or Maya. To say it runs great in Maya is a joke as well - runs great with what? What kind of scene were you testing with it? How many textures, at what size? How many polys in your scene? What about Viewport 2.0? How did the marking menus and hotbox respond?

And Crysis is not a very demanding game at all. It's 2011, you know. Your "review" of this card is basically meaningless here.