changing my motherboard

Can I change my motherboard with windows XP installed or
would I have to reinstall windows after I changed my
motherboard?
2 answers Last reply
More about changing motherboard

    A repair Installation after motherboard replacement to properly detect
    the new hardware:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]

    "Joe" <Darkjoe92@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Can I change my motherboard with windows XP installed or
    > would I have to reinstall windows after I changed my
    > motherboard?

    You can change your motherboard but you will perobably have to activate xp
    again afterwards. No big deal. If you are prompted to activate xp again
    simply do so via the internet. The activation should go through without any
    problem. There is certainly no need to reinstall xp.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert
    "Joe" <Darkjoe92@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Can I change my motherboard with windows XP installed or
    > would I have to reinstall windows after I changed my
    > motherboard?

Configuration Microsoft Motherboards Customization Windows XP