changing my motherboard

August 15, 2004 1:19:47 PM

Can I change my motherboard with windows XP installed or
would I have to reinstall windows after I changed my
motherboard?

More about : changing motherboard

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 15, 2004 4:50:29 PM

A repair Installation after motherboard replacement to properly detect
the new hardware:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

"Joe" <Darkjoe92@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Can I change my motherboard with windows XP installed or
> would I have to reinstall windows after I changed my
> motherboard?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 15, 2004 10:23:00 PM

You can change your motherboard but you will perobably have to activate xp
again afterwards. No big deal. If you are prompted to activate xp again
simply do so via the internet. The activation should go through without any
problem. There is certainly no need to reinstall xp.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
!