Sign in with
Your question

ASUS Crosshair III Formula

Last response: in Motherboards
December 25, 2012 5:15:57 PM

Hello der, i have a question about this motherboard, there's a pretty deal i can make and i'll get this motherboard practically new for an awesome price aha, is it worth it ? i'll be using an AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition and i think that this motherboard synergizes really well eith that cpu ! so bottom line is, is it worth to buy a motherboard that came out 3 years ago ?

Cheers
December 26, 2012 5:24:33 PM

bump :( 
no responses ?
January 4, 2013 3:39:54 AM

I have that exact setup and yes, it is a good setup. I have 8GB RAM (1333mhz @ 6-6-6-18) in it, 2 750GB drives AMD Radeon 6670 and Windows 7 on it. Been on the same Win7 install for 3+ years now and I can't remember any blue screen. Boot speed doesn't keep me waiting and when coming on from standby, the PC is ready before the monitor wakes up. It is a solid MOBO/CPU combo. I can say I won't be upgrading pass this setup because getting the highest CPU available for it (the 1100T) is not worth the price but I don't see having to upgrade anytime soon because the PC is slow.

I will be trying Windows 8 on it. I'm not sure how it will go but the board is Windows 7 certified and I suspect the Win7 drivers will work.
January 14, 2013 12:47:04 PM

Quote:
I can say I won't be upgrading pass this setup because getting the highest CPU available for it (the 1100T) is not worth the price but I don't see having to upgrade anytime soon because the PC is slow.

Let me reword that...
I would not upgrade what I have anytime soon because what I have (CIIIF + Phenom II X4 965 BE) IS NOT slow.
!