psp features????

Was at Wally World last night and they had 50+ units in stock. Was reading
over the box about some features. What does the 802.11 b let you do? Does
it have an internet bowser on it? Can you do anything on the net with it?
Play over the net?

Thanks in advance.
6 answers Last reply
More about features

    "jd" <flper@mail.net> wrote in message
    > Was at Wally World last night and they had 50+ units in stock. Was
    > reading over the box about some features. What does the 802.11 b let you
    > do? Does it have an internet bowser on it? Can you do anything on the
    > net with it? Play over the net?

    That is just a standard of wireless connection that many routers use for
    internet connection. You can setup your PSP to play online via a wireless
    router that uses that standard.

    Understand that, does it have a browser to browse websites?

    > Understand that, does it have a browser to browse websites?

    Well the PSP would itself have to have a browser. I do not think it has one
    yet, but maybe a future update will get one.

    Nope, but they're working on an email client, browser etc. There's also a
    menu option to download firmware upgrades, which I just did with my JPN PSP.
    All set up brilliantly, and the upgrade was flawless. I assume this is how
    they'll deliver the email and browser software.

    Skye

    "jd" <flper@mail.net> wrote in news:Geh1e.28761$mq2.10886@trnddc08:

    > Understand that, does it have a browser to browse websites?

    Yes, but currently it's sort of a hack. I saw an article on Slashdot on how
    to setup the PSP to browse the net.

    It's not a very goood browser yet... but apparently a new firmware will fix
    things.

    --
    Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    An internet BOWSER? You mean like Flipdog? ;<}

    "jd" <flper@mail.net> wrote in message
    > Was at Wally World last night and they had 50+ units in stock. Was
    reading
    > over the box about some features. What does the 802.11 b let you do?
    Does
    > it have an internet bowser on it? Can you do anything on the net with it?
    > Play over the net?
    >

    > Thanks in advance.

Console Gaming PlayStation Video Games