No internet conection through router?

Hi all,

I am running a 64bit windows 7 and I just lost my internet connection through my D-Link Dl 604 router, which I have been using for about a year. I replaced the router with a different one: D-Link EBR-2310, but the problem persists. When initially installed the Dl 604, I just plugged in the cables and I got internet access to three computers at home. It was running fine until today. Now I have plugged the lan cable from the modem directly into my lan card, no router, and I have access to internet, so its not a provider issue.
Before I go out and buy a new router I just want to make sure that the problem is in the router and not the software or configuration.
Thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about internet conection router
  1. If you've already replaced the router it's not likely that replacing it again will solve the problem. Most likely an issue with your computer.

To test that: consult the router manual and see if you can access the router's user setup screens.

Also check TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.
  2. Thank you for the replay. I checked the TCP/IP and everything is set to obtain IP address automatically. I have internet through the router now, yet I didn't make any changes. This is very confusing.
Ask a new question

Read More

Routers D-Link Internet Connection Networking