No internet conection through router?

hlmaniac

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2006
Hi all,

I am running a 64bit windows 7 and I just lost my internet connection through my D-Link Dl 604 router, which I have been using for about a year. I replaced the router with a different one: D-Link EBR-2310, but the problem persists. When initially installed the Dl 604, I just plugged in the cables and I got internet access to three computers at home. It was running fine until today. Now I have plugged the lan cable from the modem directly into my lan card, no router, and I have access to internet, so its not a provider issue.
Before I go out and buy a new router I just want to make sure that the problem is in the router and not the software or configuration.
Thanks in advance.

G

If you've already replaced the router it's not likely that replacing it again will solve the problem. Most likely an issue with your computer.

To test that: consult the router manual and see if you can access the router's user setup screens.

Also check TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.

hlmaniac

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2006
Thank you for the replay. I checked the TCP/IP and everything is set to obtain IP address automatically. I have internet through the router now, yet I didn't make any changes. This is very confusing.