Hi,

CPU: i5 3570k
Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, BIOS v2.70
PSU: Corsair 1050HX
SSD: Crucial M4
GPU: HD5670
Memory: 2x 4GB G.Skill RipjawsX
OD: Pioneer 207DBK

(GPU and 1x RAM stick not plugged in currently)

When installing Windows 7 on SSD, install will complete and computer restart. It will then log in to windows and be fine for ~10 seconds before force logging off and restarting. From there is will constantly loop without going into POST, stopping at the A2 debug code (Enable IDE).

Have tried with/without GPU and both ramsticks, changed positions of ramsticks (all work), have used different sata ports for both ssd and bd drive, have updated BIOS, cleared cmos, tried installing W7 a few times, unplugged all irrelevant parts and retrying.

Any ideas?
16 answers Last reply
More about asrock extreme post hang
  1. Hi,
    Can you test with a HDD?
  2. alexoiu said:
    Hi,
    Can you test with a HDD?

Don't have a spare HDD at hand.

When using same parts on old motherboard (Acer EG43M I think) there are no issues.

I am not sure where the issue would come from since initially I can fully install Windows 7 without error, its only when it force logs off and restarts a few seconds later that this issue begins.
  3. Have you tested the SSD with the old setup?
  4. alexoiu said:
    Have you tested the SSD with the old setup?

Wired it up. Passed POST and went into startup repair, which is what should be happening.
    So no issues here.
    Although this setup uses different RAM/CPU and has GPU plugged in
  5. I assume you've tried different SATA ports too.
  6. alexoiu said:
    I assume you've tried different SATA ports too.

Yes, pretty much all of them.
  7. Is SATA set to IDE or AHCI in BIOS?
  8. alexoiu said:
    Is SATA set to IDE or AHCI in BIOS?

Tried installing OS under both IDE and AHCI as well as switching after install. No change.
  9. No other ideas. If you can test with a HDD, you would know if it's a controller issue or not.
    Try also a different SATA cable for the SSD.
    Have you used the Windows DVD before? It might be corrupted - resulting a faulty installation.
  10. alexoiu said:
    No other ideas. If you can test with a HDD, you would know if it's a controller issue or not.
    Try also a different SATA cable for the SSD.

Tried multiple cables.
    Can't get a blank HDD nor can I spend the money on one/wipe any of my data so it isn't an option.
  11. Is the Windows DVD a tested one?
  12. alexoiu said:
    Is the Windows DVD a tested one?

Yes. Has worked before.
  13. If you have an HDD create a partition on it of about 30GB (no need to wipe it) and try installing Windows on that partition.
  14. did you find solution? after installing lg burner i got almost the same problem...at a2 i got reboot...than the same story, a2 and reboot...infinite loop and my pc is detecting everything, but as soon as i plug any windows7(new instalation) i get the same results...
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards GPUs ASrock