Corsair 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR3 Memory

when i upgrade in a few months i will have these parts
ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3
AMD Phenom II X4 Quad 955 Core 3.2GHz Processor 4 x

what should i do?

More about : parts

a c 159 à CPUs
February 19, 2012 11:47:55 AM

Try selling them on craigslist or anandtech's for sale forum (you have to register and display your email address).
a b à CPUs
February 19, 2012 1:54:39 PM

You could put a home server together.
Related resources
a c 102 à CPUs
February 19, 2012 2:14:02 PM

jamie6737 said:
i have

GeForce GTX 260
Corsair 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 Memory
Corsair 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR3 Memory

when i upgrade in a few months i will have these parts
ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3
AMD Phenom II X4 Quad 955 Core 3.2GHz Processor 4 x

what should i do?

You could give them to me :D 

In all seriousness, those parts are still very usable and should still be plenty effective for doing anything short of heavy-duty video editing or number crunching types of applications. It may not win all of the benchmarks, but it should handle pretty much any game at a reasonable framerate. If not, get yourself a newer GPU although the GTX260 is still a pretty powerful unit. I wouldn't replace those parts yet unless I was either moving way up in core count to a dual Xeon or Opteron workstation, or if I needed another machine for another purpose (such as a media center PC) and was going to repurpose this machine in that role.

If you just have the upgrade bug and want new parts, you have a few options for the older parts:

1. Sell them, either on eBay or a for sale/for trade thread in one of the other major hardware forums such as [H] or Anandtech.
2. Turn that machine into a media center PC/HTPC. It would make a nice one.
3. Turn that machine into a file/backup server. Everybody needs to be able to back up their computer(s), and having a machine in-house to back up to is a lot faster and more secure than using somebody else's machine over a slow Internet connection in "the cloud."
4. If your ISP allows, you could use it as a Web server.
5. Use it as a test machine to try out different OSes and software. Since it's not your main machine, if you screw it up, just reinstall.

Computers are handy and the list goes on. :D 
a c 83 à CPUs
February 19, 2012 2:23:40 PM

+1 to the windows home server option, really handy for decluttering main machine, and automated daily backups over GBe really useful, especially if there are other machines (laptops) in the house as well.
March 19, 2012 1:29:32 PM

I am might be interested in this
AMD Phenom II X4 Quad 955 Core 3.2GHz Processor x4
!