GeForce GTX 260
Corsair 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 Memory
Corsair 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR3 Memory
when i upgrade in a few months i will have these parts
ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3
AMD Phenom II X4 Quad 955 Core 3.2GHz Processor 4 x
what should i do?
You could give them to me
In all seriousness, those parts are still very usable and should still be plenty effective for doing anything short of heavy-duty video editing or number crunching types of applications. It may not win all of the benchmarks, but it should handle pretty much any game at a reasonable framerate. If not, get yourself a newer GPU although the GTX260 is still a pretty powerful unit. I wouldn't replace those parts yet unless I was either moving way up in core count to a dual Xeon or Opteron workstation, or if I needed another machine for another purpose (such as a media center PC) and was going to repurpose this machine in that role.
If you just have the upgrade bug and want new parts, you have a few options for the older parts:
1. Sell them, either on eBay or a for sale/for trade thread in one of the other major hardware forums such as [H] or Anandtech.
2. Turn that machine into a media center PC/HTPC. It would make a nice one.
3. Turn that machine into a file/backup server. Everybody needs to be able to back up their computer(s), and having a machine in-house to back up to is a lot faster and more secure than using somebody else's machine over a slow Internet connection in "the cloud."
4. If your ISP allows, you could use it as a Web server.
5. Use it as a test machine to try out different OSes and software. Since it's not your main machine, if you screw it up, just reinstall.
Computers are handy and the list goes on.