Solved

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 A2 A6 Error

Today, I got all my parts for the new rig. i5-3570k, GTX 670 FTW, HX650, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, H60. I am using a Samsung Optical Drive from last rig, Geil 8gb kit (free with Mobo), as well as my WD Black 1 TB (Purchased November 2012). Built everything today, hooked HDD up to Sata III, and pressed power. Everything went smoothly (Fans spun, LED's were glowing Blue). I got to a black screen that displayed my CPU and Speed, how much Memory installed. It said Press F1 to continue, or F2 or DEL to go to BIOS. I went to Bios to ensure the boot drive was WD Black. After making sure it was, I booted, well tried to boot, my OS (Win7 Home Premium) already installed on my HDD. It said A2 on Dr. Debug (my best friend...not), and brought up a screen that said Launch Startup Repair (Recommended) or Start Win Normally. I launched Win normally, after about 3 seconds of the starting windows, it stopped and shut-off my computer. After going into Bios again, it said A6 when in Bios. I launch again and whenever I am not in Bios it says A2 on Debug. Any help?! Thanks!
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asrock extreme4 error
  1. Best answer
    Hi, Try inserting the Windows DVD, boot from it and select Windows repair.
    Different chipsets, different drivers (old and new motherboard).
  2. I have a similar layout to your PC and I'm also getting that error. I can start BIOS/OS just fine, but my migrated OS on SSD would freeze up and I'd get poor eSATA speeds all of a sudden (my burst mode dropped from 220MB/s to 85MB/s and the transfer rate seems capped at 100MB/s).

I reinstalled the OS, flashed my BIOS, reconnected my older SATA HDD (which was running fine before I got the SSD three weeks ago), but it didn't make any difference.

I've read that some have had VGA cable problems or had to detach their GPU cards, but since I have no problem loading BIOS or the OS, I'm not sure how that's supposed to help.

All quite weird. :/
Ask a new question

Read More

ASrock Motherboards