Help With graphics stuttering

mrfatbox

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
This is my first post so hello to all and sorry if have put it in the wrong place.

ok on to my problem have been looking at a rig for a friend if mine

AMD 965BE
ASUS M4A88TD-M EVO
4GB Ram
Sapphire HD6870 1GB GDDR5
Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 32MB Cache Hard Disk Drive SATA 6 Gb/s 126MB/s <4.2ms 7200rpm
750w PSU
windows 7 64bit

The problem was not there when to PC was built played all the games fine (2 months ago) then one day just stuttered at end of a race on Dirt 3 and now Dungun Siege III looks like cheep CCTV footage

Have tried Low Res high settings Low Res and Low Settings and full reinstall of system, updated drivers and out the box drivers all give the same results.

The problem is only apparent when playing game and after about 1 min if game play, then about every 2 seconds and in every game we have tested

Had card tested and it failed on a 3D Bench mark test so was replaced with new one but problem still there. Have tried removing the 6870 card problem seems to still be there (hard to test with onboard graphics).

No Problems playing DVDs streaming video from internet or any of the start-up videos from Crysis 2 (witch do go on for a bit).

Please Help 2 weeks in and starting to lose sleep over this one.

Looks like it could be a heat issue. How is the airflow inside your case, how many case fans do you have? Is there anything obstructing the air intake on your GPU. Try downloading HWMonitor, and post your load temperatures for CPU and GPU, since this issue is occurring across multiple GPUs it is quite likely that your CPU might be overheating, are you sure the cooler is mounted properly? If you are overclocking your CPU, return it to stock clocks and see if that helps.

mrfatbox

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
hello and thanx for the reply
airflow inside case is good wit no obstructions will give HWMonitor a go and try reseating the CPU and cooler, it has an Asus version of Zalman CNPS9900-LED Dual Flower CPU Cooler.

no overclocking all running standard.