Current PSP is performing only 66% of its capability.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"Sitti" <No@email.com> wrote in message
>I was surfing Japanese PSP sites and then found an article about current
>PSP is performing only 2/3 of its capability.
>
> It is in Japanese, please use google translation or something.
> http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0323/kaigai166.htm

Good to know they can squeeze more out of it but will it be at the expense
of battery power?

"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> "Sitti" <No@email.com> wrote in message
>>I was surfing Japanese PSP sites and then found an article about current
>>PSP is performing only 2/3 of its capability.
>>
>> It is in Japanese, please use google translation or something.
>> http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0323/kaigai166.htm
>
> Good to know they can squeeze more out of it but will it be at the expense
> of battery power?

and what does capability actually mean in this context?

"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> "Sitti" <No@email.com> wrote in message
>>I was surfing Japanese PSP sites and then found an article about current
>>PSP is performing only 2/3 of its capability.
>>
>> It is in Japanese, please use google translation or something.
>> http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0323/kaigai166.htm
>
> Good to know they can squeeze more out of it but will it be at the expense
> of battery power?
>The developers of Ridge Racer said that they underclocked the PSP processor
>to save on battery life. Imagine what is capable when the CPU is utilised
>to its full potential. Perphaps when a higher capacity battery is avaliable
>this will be done.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"Richard Strong" <richard.strong@ntl'remove'world.com> wrote in message

> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> "Sitti" <No@email.com> wrote in message
>>>I was surfing Japanese PSP sites and then found an article about current
>>>PSP is performing only 2/3 of its capability.
>>>
>>> It is in Japanese, please use google translation or something.
>>> http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0323/kaigai166.htm
>>
>> Good to know they can squeeze more out of it but will it be at the
>> expense of battery power?
>>

> and what does capability actually mean in this context?

PSP has a 333 processor but currently locked at 222 in games.

TRENDING THREADS