My MoBo light its green, but the pc won't boot up

Dingotm

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Well has the tittle says, i recently bought a motherboard with a new cpu wich are a p6p67-m and a intel i5-3550, i instaled everything, the motherboard seems to have the light on but when i tried to boot up, the psu was working in my old pc having no problems, same for the video card, if there is someone that could help me i would be very appreciated.

ps: some extra information

Psu: 460w cool master
grapic card: ati hd 5670
Ram: 4 gb ddr3 1600

satyamdubey

Distinguished
that is coz you have installed a third generation core i5 processor on a second generation core series mother board. You have to update your motherboard BIOS before you can use your computer.
To upgrade your BIOS you need to first install a sandy bridge cpu on the motherboard...flash the motherboard with relevant update and then install you core i5 processor. Sadly this is the only way to get it working

Dingotm

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Update: I can't afford to buy another cpu, so i tried to fine if there were another malfunction, there were something about the ram that it says the motherboard can't hold up to rams with 1600Mhz so i have to change the configuration of the bios. I don't know if this is the problem, or i just need to update the motherboard. thanks btw to satya for the answer.

Ps: Now the pc boot up, but it won't show on screen.