logging on to Windows XP

August 15, 2004 8:16:06 PM

I would like to go directly into windows without clicking
on Administrator and typing in a password.

More about : logging windows

Anonymous
August 16, 2004 4:49:19 AM

Hi Carol
Try following these steps to log on automatically as the account you wish.
http://mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/welskip.php

Mark

"Carol" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to go directly into windows without clicking
> on Administrator and typing in a password.
August 17, 2004 9:42:31 PM

"Carol" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to go directly into windows without clicking
> on Administrator and typing in a password.

You should NOT be using the built-in Administrator account for day to day
usage. Set up a user account and give it Admin rights for daily use.
If you DO use the Administrator account as your only log-in and it goes
belly up, you will have GREAT trouble in recovering from that.
!