logging on to Windows XP

I would like to go directly into windows without clicking
on Administrator and typing in a password.
2 answers Last reply
More about logging windows

    Hi Carol
    Try following these steps to log on automatically as the account you wish.
    http://mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/welskip.php

    Mark

    "Carol" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I would like to go directly into windows without clicking
    > on Administrator and typing in a password.

    "Carol" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I would like to go directly into windows without clicking
    > on Administrator and typing in a password.

    You should NOT be using the built-in Administrator account for day to day
    usage. Set up a user account and give it Admin rights for daily use.
    If you DO use the Administrator account as your only log-in and it goes
    belly up, you will have GREAT trouble in recovering from that.