Logitech G500 Lag

EmoHz

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
I figure system specs are irrelevant but i have a logitech G500 mouse and on BF3 when i use the mouse the frames drop and i am unable to walk in a straight line. Its like the mouse impairs the keyboard also. Works fine in the menus, but not ingame. I use my wired 360 controller and the game plays flawlessly at 40-60 fps. Very smooth, but as soon as i touch the mouse everything glitches about and acts very strange.

Ive tried different dpi settings and poll settings. Neither helped at all

farrengottu

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
try a different usb port. that one may be damaged.
also get newer drivers for your mouse. that old version might have some conflict with BF3.

if neither of these fix it try another mouse.

if none of that works then its something software related but i dont know what.

EmoHz

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Tried another mouse, tried reinstalling drivers for the mouse, for nvidia, reinstalled the game i just dont get it. My mouse worked fine at first. I also realize that its not just the mouse. For example, if i stay still (not use keyboard) the mouse works fine, but if i try to walk and use the mouse at the same time the game drops fps and weird things like i stop pressing W to walk forward but i keep walking forward for a few seconds (delayed keyboard detection or something)

Its not the keyboard, just tried 2 others and still lagging when i touch teh mouse

Xbox controller still works flawlessly.

farrengottu

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
the only two things i have left to blame is windows and the motherboard.
if you have an extra hard drive laying around you can unplug your current one, install windows onto the extra and see if it does the same stuff in games.

lastly is the motherboard could have short in the wiring.
only thing to do to test that is to try another. unless you have an electronics engineering degree in which case you know more than me. fix away.

EmoHz

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
I dont think its the pc, after doing some research on BF3 mouse lag, ive found a lot of people with the same mouse, and other mouse devices that lag on bf3. Im just going to use my controller until i find a good solution for it. My mouse works fine in other games so im blaming bf3