No signal input..

7blades

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2008
Apologies if its the wrong section, i didnt know which on to put it in.

Ive inherited a non working ACER ASPIRE M1641

thing is, it does work, but it doesnt display ANYTHING on the screen either through the graphics card or through the on board graphics.

It powers up, the CPU fan, HDD, PSU and Graphics card all seem to be working. it doesnt make any beeps when it powers on and doesnt have an onboard speaker so i cant do a beep test.

it has:
Core 2 Duo E4700
3GB DDR2 Kingston Ram
SATA HDD
AGP ATI RADEON HD 3450 Graphics Card

i think its the motherboard myself, but does anyone else have any ideas on what could be wrong?
if you need the serial number, let me know.

thanks for any help!

I had that problem on a Dell Inspiron 6000. I fixed it by replacing the LCD inverter inside and at the bottom of the the screen assembly. You'll have to take the screen apart to replace it, but it wasn't difficult. I got the inverter on eBay for ~$15.00. Or you could replace the screen - I was going for the cheapest fix.

dont think its a laptop as he said graphics card and integrated graphics--so think its a desktop pc

7blades

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2008

yeah sorry i forgot to mention its a desktop, not a laptop lol. acers are usually associated with laptops :p

well the onboard graphics isnt working either, so i dont think its that. but i have one knocking about somewhere, so ill give that a shot too just to check it off the list. will let you know how that goes.

not the ram, tried that. i first thought it might be the CPU too. Thanks for the link, im ordering one straight away!! lol :p

ive also taken all the leads out and put them back in their places just incase something came loose. still no avail. hopefully the speaker will come soon so i can try beep codes.