Sign in with
Your question

Corsair 600T White vs Cooler Master Trooper

Last response: in Components
February 19, 2012 5:18:59 PM

I'm going to be making another build and wondering which case is more preferred.
Either, the Corsair 600T White: http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Cases/MIDI+To...
Or the Cooler Master Trooper: http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Cases/Full+To...
I'm currently leaning towards the Trooper, but may also consider the Corsair. It saves £9 in my pocket.
Thank-you.

More about : corsair 600t white cooler master trooper

February 19, 2012 5:57:40 PM

more preferred is question only you can answer ,as far as I am concerned the 600t
beats everything easily
February 19, 2012 7:14:40 PM

Just wondering what people would preferably choose.
Thanks.
Related resources
February 20, 2012 11:42:20 AM

Wow, those are fairly cheaper prices than Aria, and I thought it was a good deal!
The stock fans will be upgraded on the 600T so that's fine, but how about the H100 Water-cooler? I've seen it doesn't quite fit with the fans pushing out air to the radiator because ram slots get in the way, is that correct?
a c 275 ) Power supply
February 20, 2012 4:10:24 PM

Never heard of dimms/ram being an issue with a H100 set-up.
Half the point of going to LCS as opposed to air cooled where ram kits interfere with the HSF.
a c 275 ) Power supply
February 20, 2012 4:54:57 PM

Unrecognised said:
This video talks about the issue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0TG3Cb_liI

Standard mounting procedure for the H100 is with the fans located in the top-panel.
Go over to Corsair and look.
To think you're going to mount the whole H100 system in your case as well as the fans is more then wishful thinking.
a b ) Power supply
February 20, 2012 5:11:28 PM

Def the CM Storm Trooper. It beats the 600t in cooling performance and it is a lot bigger so you could fit just about everything in the future.
The CM Storm Trooper can also fit a full 240 rad in push/pull while the 600t can only fit a H100 with either push or pull, not both.

But really cases are your choice, just get one that looks appealing to you :]
February 20, 2012 6:07:05 PM

What do you mean by a 'full 240 rad'. Is the H100 this?
a b ) Power supply
February 20, 2012 6:10:13 PM

Unrecognised said:
What do you mean by a 'full 240 rad'. Is the H100 this?

Full 240 = about 60mm thickness.
H100 = about 25mm thickness.

More thickness = better WC

You can't get a pre-filled 60mm rad. You must buy one separately with a custom WC kit.
February 20, 2012 6:15:46 PM

Custom loops are unsafe from my understanding. Especially for somebody who hasn't done it before. Would I be able to get the 60mm radiator, and pipe it to the H100 cooler and remove the original 25mm radiator?
Thank-you.
a b ) Power supply
February 20, 2012 6:28:02 PM

Unrecognised said:
Custom loops are unsafe from my understanding. Especially for somebody who hasn't done it before. Would I be able to get the 60mm radiator, and pipe it to the H100 cooler and remove the original 25mm radiator?
Thank-you.

No. Stay away from custom WC if you don't have any experience with it. Just get a stock H100 and buy a set of fans to do a pull/push config.
I would use it as an exhaust, but that's just my preference.

There is no way to replace a H100 rad.
February 20, 2012 6:36:52 PM

When you say as an exhaust, do you mean just a push or a pull? Little confused sorry.
a b ) Power supply
February 20, 2012 6:40:54 PM

Unrecognised said:
When you say as an exhaust, do you mean just a push or a pull? Little confused sorry.

Push/Pull = 2 fans on both sides (same direction) of the rad to get rid of heat faster.

Exhaust = Make the fans blow outside instead of pulling air inside the case.
February 20, 2012 6:42:22 PM

e56imfg said:
Push/Pull = 2 fans on both sides (same direction) of the rad to get rid of heat faster.

Exhaust = Make the fans blow outside instead of pulling air inside the case.

Ah right! Understood. I will be doing the push pull configuration then, Exhausting the air out. Is that a better bet?
a b ) Power supply
February 20, 2012 6:51:21 PM

Unrecognised said:
Ah right! Understood. I will be doing the push pull configuration then, Exhausting the air out. Is that a better bet?

It's more of a preference thing than performance. I would do exhaust to get all the heat out of the system and get the intake from the front of the Storm Trooper, since you can flip the HDD cages. You could do a intake if you wanted the best performance of your CPU temps and not care too much about the rest of the system (only a few C difference for the rest of the system with intake)

Again, it's just preference.

Edit: Also remove your fan filter on the top if you're doing an exhaust or keep it on if you're doing an intake.
February 20, 2012 7:10:45 PM

Why do you say that? Why won't I be able to leave it on either way?
a b ) Power supply
February 20, 2012 7:16:59 PM

Unrecognised said:
Why do you say that? Why won't I be able to leave it on either way?

What do you mean either way?
February 20, 2012 9:05:08 PM

Why can't I leave the fan filter on if I'll be doing exhaust layout?
a b ) Power supply
February 20, 2012 9:34:06 PM

Unrecognised said:
Why can't I leave the fan filter on if I'll be doing exhaust layout?

Because if you're doing an exhaust, you want the dust out of your system and the dust filter will trap dust from inside the case and it restricts air flow.
A small thing but I recommend you take my advice.
February 21, 2012 2:36:59 PM

Oh right, now I understand.
Will take your advice into great consideration. Thanks!
February 21, 2012 2:44:04 PM

Just a question! Sorry for double-post.
If I want to change it from push to pull, do I rotate the fan?
a b ) Power supply
February 21, 2012 9:32:02 PM

Unrecognised said:
Just a question! Sorry for double-post.
If I want to change it from push to pull, do I rotate the fan?

Yea you face the fan the opposite direction.
February 22, 2012 7:03:48 AM

Alright then, thanks!
!