Sign in with
Your question

What is tweakui.cpl and why cant my computer find it?

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
December 11, 2001 5:49:34 PM

Every time I reboot my computer I get a box up that it cant
locate the file tweakui.cpl (what does this file do and can
I download it some where? Thanks. (I am running windows 98)
Everything seems to be running fine on my OS.(Should I start chewing the kids out yet,ha ha .
December 11, 2001 6:14:42 PM

This comes from the very dusty section of my brain so take it for what it's worth.

tweakui is a program for fooling with the registry/policies on your PC. That program you are looking for can be found either on the 98 resource kit CD or buried on the 98 CDROM..possibly inside a cab file.

(cpl meaning it's a control panel applet btw)
Related resources
December 12, 2001 12:45:45 PM

So is this something that I NEED to have on my computer? Am I missing out on something by not having it or is it something that is not all that important to the average user?
December 12, 2001 12:59:02 PM

No, you do not need it at all. Most people don't even know it exists.

If you are having trouble with the kids fooling with stuff it might be a good program for you :)  If you ever do use it make sure you know what you're doing...it can do damage that requires an OS reload to fix. It lets you do things like remove the "settings tab" from display properties, remove the "run" from the start menu and stuff like that.
December 12, 2001 1:11:23 PM

Thanks for the link I went to it and read up on it I decided that it was something I can do with out,thanks again.
!