on the fence about the PSP

The PSP sounds like a great machine, and my initial impulse is to buy
one, but I can't envision a lot of circumstances where I would need to
do "gaming on the go" - I do most of my gaming on the "big screen" at
home. I think it would be an easier decision if the games on the PSP
could also be played on my Playstation 2 with some device or something.
12 answers Last reply
More about fence

    The Space Boss wrote:
    > The PSP sounds like a great machine, and my initial impulse is to buy
    > one, but I can't envision a lot of circumstances where I would need to
    > do "gaming on the go" - I do most of my gaming on the "big screen" at
    > home. I think it would be an easier decision if the games on the PSP
    > could also be played on my Playstation 2 with some device or something.

    If you don't already game on the go (or see yourself starting to then
    the PSP is most likely not for you. Better to save your money and stick
    to the console in that case.

    > Portable gaming is great when there's something on the TV I don't
    want to
    > watch but others do, like the Oscars.
    >
    > -- Bob

    Good point. So you can still physically be there in the same room and
    make it seem like you spending time w/ the family when you're really
    off doing you own thing. The best of both worlds?

    "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message

    > The Space Boss wrote:
    >> The PSP sounds like a great machine, and my initial impulse is to buy
    >> one, but I can't envision a lot of circumstances where I would need to
    >> do "gaming on the go" - I do most of my gaming on the "big screen" at
    >> home. I think it would be an easier decision if the games on the PSP
    >> could also be played on my Playstation 2 with some device or something.
    >>

    > If you don't already game on the go (or see yourself starting to then the
    > PSP is most likely not for you. Better to save your money and stick to the
    > console in that case.

    Don't need to be on the go to play portable games. I like using handheld
    gaming while watching telly :-)

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in

    > "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
    >>

    >> The Space Boss wrote:
    >>> The PSP sounds like a great machine, and my initial impulse is to
    >>> buy one, but I can't envision a lot of circumstances where I would
    >>> need to do "gaming on the go" - I do most of my gaming on the "big
    >>> screen" at home. I think it would be an easier decision if the games
    >>> on the PSP could also be played on my Playstation 2 with some device
    >>> or something.
    >>>

    >> If you don't already game on the go (or see yourself starting to then
    >> the PSP is most likely not for you. Better to save your money and
    >> stick to the console in that case.
    >
    > Don't need to be on the go to play portable games. I like using
    > handheld gaming while watching telly :-)

    Portable gaming is great when there's something on the TV I don't want to
    watch but others do, like the Oscars.

    -- Bob

    Yeah me too. Now I finally have something to do when my wife is watching
    one of her shows.
    I think I'll probably end up using it more at home than on the go.

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

    > "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
    >>

    >> The Space Boss wrote:
    >>> The PSP sounds like a great machine, and my initial impulse is to buy
    >>> one, but I can't envision a lot of circumstances where I would need to
    >>> do "gaming on the go" - I do most of my gaming on the "big screen" at
    >>> home. I think it would be an easier decision if the games on the PSP
    >>> could also be played on my Playstation 2 with some device or something.
    >>>

    >> If you don't already game on the go (or see yourself starting to then the
    >> PSP is most likely not for you. Better to save your money and stick to
    >> the console in that case.
    >
    > Don't need to be on the go to play portable games. I like using handheld
    > gaming while watching telly :-)

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message

    >> Portable gaming is great when there's something on the TV I don't
    > want to
    >> watch but others do, like the Oscars.
    >>
    >> -- Bob
    >
    > Good point. So you can still physically be there in the same room and
    > make it seem like you spending time w/ the family when you're really
    > off doing you own thing. The best of both worlds?

    Ive been playing wipeout both at home and the office. Ive never liked
    handhelds because the screen was too small and so I wouldnt use it at home
    why bother. But this screen is so nice and the game has ps2 quality. Im
    playing wipeout and its a blast. Good music , and visuals are stunning. Im
    glad I bought it.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in news:1111871410.229267.54950
    @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > The PSP sounds like a great machine, and my initial impulse is to buy
    > one, but I can't envision a lot of circumstances where I would need to
    > do "gaming on the go" - I do most of my gaming on the "big screen" at
    > home. I think it would be an easier decision if the games on the PSP
    > could also be played on my Playstation 2 with some device or something.

    I'm going to wait for the price to drop.

    Anyways, the Xbox 2 and PS3 is going to come out at the end of this year -
    You might as well save your money for that instead ; )
    --
    Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Lucas Tam" <REMOVEnntp@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in
    > @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> The PSP sounds like a great machine, and my initial impulse is to buy
    >> one, but I can't envision a lot of circumstances where I would need to
    >> do "gaming on the go" - I do most of my gaming on the "big screen" at
    >> home. I think it would be an easier decision if the games on the PSP
    >> could also be played on my Playstation 2 with some device or something.
    >
    > I'm going to wait for the price to drop.
    >
    > Anyways, the Xbox 2 and PS3 is going to come out at the end of this year -
    > You might as well save your money for that instead ; )

    You might want to check your release dates.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Beck wrote:
    > "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
    >

    >>The Space Boss wrote:
    >>
    >>>The PSP sounds like a great machine, and my initial impulse is to buy
    >>>one, but I can't envision a lot of circumstances where I would need to
    >>>do "gaming on the go" - I do most of my gaming on the "big screen" at
    >>>home. I think it would be an easier decision if the games on the PSP
    >>>could also be played on my Playstation 2 with some device or something.
    >>>

    >>If you don't already game on the go (or see yourself starting to then the
    >>PSP is most likely not for you. Better to save your money and stick to the
    >>console in that case.
    >

    > Don't need to be on the go to play portable games. I like using handheld
    > gaming while watching telly :-)

    That can be true for some, but I mean that specifically in his case...
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    The Space Boss wrote:
    > The PSP sounds like a great machine, and my initial impulse is to buy
    > one, but I can't envision a lot of circumstances where I would need
    > do "gaming on the go" - I do most of my gaming on the "big screen" at
    > home. I think it would be an easier decision if the games on the PSP
    > could also be played on my Playstation 2 with some device or
    something.

    You sounds exactly like me. I'm not a fan of handhelds but the PSP
    stands out to me. Part of me is very tempted by the portable power,
    the widescreen, and part-MP3/movie player of the PSP. Another part of
    me is turned off by the high price, the dead pixels and the so-so
    launch titles.

    I guess I'll just take a wait-and-see approach and see what happens in
    the next six months.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Obviously you aren't alone. The PSP isn't doing that well in America.

    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
    > The PSP sounds like a great machine, and my initial impulse is to buy
    > one, but I can't envision a lot of circumstances where I would need to
    > do "gaming on the go" - I do most of my gaming on the "big screen" at
    > home. I think it would be an easier decision if the games on the PSP
    > could also be played on my Playstation 2 with some device or something.

  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

    > "Lucas Tam" <REMOVEnntp@rogers.com> wrote in message
    >> "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in
    >> @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >>
    >>> The PSP sounds like a great machine, and my initial impulse is to buy
    >>> one, but I can't envision a lot of circumstances where I would need to
    >>> do "gaming on the go" - I do most of my gaming on the "big screen" at
    >>> home. I think it would be an easier decision if the games on the PSP
    >>> could also be played on my Playstation 2 with some device or something.
    >>
    >> I'm going to wait for the price to drop.
    >>
    >> Anyways, the Xbox 2 and PS3 is going to come out at the end of this
    >> year -
    >> You might as well save your money for that instead ; )
    >
    > You might want to check your release dates.

    Yeah, isnt the ps3 going to be out next year ? Probably spring being the
    earliest. Xbox 2/360 is supposedly out later this year. But since im waiting
    for the ps3 I have at least a year.

Console Gaming PlayStation Games Gaming Video Games