Computer wont boot with new i7 3770k in it.

zarrex

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
I just bought a new Intel i7 3770k to replace my i3 2100. My motherboard (GIGABYTE GA-H61M-DS2 LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX) says that it can accept Ivy Bridge processors if I update the BIOS. I used the gigabyte @BIOS program to update, and still nothing. Whenever I put the i7 in, the computer boots for about 5 seconds and shuts off. Then automatically does that over and over again. Any idea what is wrong? Do I have to replace my Board? Any help would be appreciated.

G

Have you tried putting the old CPU in. The board may not be bad, maybe you didn't install the correct bios update.

Check out this link. This is for revision 1.0. Your board may be a different revision. That information would be found on the board itself, in the top left corner where it says Designed in Taipei.

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3970#bios

Hope that helps.

zarrex

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
I am using my old CPU right now in the computer. You cant get the BIOS from that website, because they are 32 bit only. Gigabyte has a program that installs the latest BIOS for you.

zarrex

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

How would I do this? Sorry i'm new to messing with bios and I don't want to break anything.