PC Needs an upgrade!!!!!!!!

Hi guys.
I want to upgrade my mom s PC. I ll be using it to play mild games. My budget is 600$
PC specs are :-

Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 GHz
Intel DG41RQ mobo
Kingston 2GB RAM
Asus EN8400GS 512MB
Seagate 250GB

Thankyou.
7 answers Last reply
More about upgrade
  1. Oh my word! With a 600Dollar budge, get a new PC.
  2. I also second Novuake.

With $600 to spend, you are better off building yourself a budget gaming PC and reusing the keyboard/mouse and monitor from that PC.
  3. AND get that one a better mid-range GPU and 2GB RAM in the process. Then you got one extra decent PC.
  4. Can u suggest something for my 600$-not-so-cool-PC? :)
  5. What you mean not-so-cool?

Take a look at this article :

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/phenom-ii-overclock-graphics-card,3032.html

Unfortunately HDD prices have more than doubled. So you should end at just under 600 with that build. Any extra cash and get a better GPU.
  6. The way I see it, your PC is plenty good for your mom and then some. You don't really have to spend anything on it as of now. You should really save yourself a lot of money by just upgrading the gfx card and adding a further 2GB of RAM (4GB overall) and that too, if you are actually into gaming and not just a little bit of fiddling around - "mild gaming" as you say.

If that is the case, you REALLY don't need to do anything. If you feel your PC has slowed down a bit, just back up all your files and re-install the OS. It will be good as new in no time at all.
  7. upgrade the motherboard, cpu, ram and video card, and sell your current on ebay.

If you dont want to go over the process of selecting parts, a MacMini + magic mouse is $600, its way faster than your current PC, fits in your hand and is light as a feather
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Games Intel Systems