Gigabyte Motherboard does not recognize my video card.

rapharapha77

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
Okay so I got a brand new Gigabyte ga-78lmt-s2p + FX 6100 + Memories because my older motherboard wasnt working anymore.

Plugged in and set up everything as always, disabled integrated graphics at BIOS, set display to PEG (pci express x16), but my computer will not recognize the card at all, it shows up as a " Standard VGA graphics adapter". Catalyst is already installed.

Here is the complete setup:

Gigabyte ga-78lmt-s2p
ATI RADEON HD 6570
1 TB Samsung HD
4GB 1333 corsair
FX 6100 BE

ZakMoon

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
I've had this problem before and it was a real pain in the neck.
The thing's I tried and you could try are...

1. Check for any external power connectors on the card , unless it doesn't require one. then...
2. Does the PSU meet the minimal requirements for the card? If not then it might not be getting enough power.
3. Uninstall the driver's for the CPU or onboard graphics , sometimes this can mess up with the Graphics Cards drivers.
4. If that doesn't work , look's like you might have the problem which I had. The card just isnt compatible with the computer. I had the Radeon 7750 but it didn't work with my mobo , i then bought a 660 Ti Superclocked and it worked fine.

rapharapha77

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

1 - It does not need done
2 - Yes it does, since i was using it before, with the other mobo/cpu/mem
3- Did not try this yet, but the driver is the same, since the integrated graphics is a Radeon one?
4 - I hope that' s not the case