Recording Gameplay Audio?

Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Games
  • Audio
Last response: in Components
February 20, 2012 12:07:25 AM

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to record game audio and Skype audio in two separate tracks using MP3 Skype Recorder to record Skype and Fraps to record the game, but when I record with Fraps it also records my friends voice because it's recording Skype. Is there a way for me to record only gameplay to make sure that I have one track of us talking with MP3 Skype Recorder and another audio track of the gameplay audio so we can have a more professional video?

PS: I don't want to buy anything! I don't want another sound card etc.

THANK YOU!!

More about : recording gameplay audio

February 20, 2012 12:45:38 AM

okay in FRAPS you can see Sound Capture Settings under the Movies tab
on my verison I have record Win7 sound checked off
also the option for record external input which you can select microphone
I am thinking as I am writing so pardon me :) 

Now I am not familiar with MP3 Skype Recorder but most programs that record
have a menu option for audio device

if you can describe that menu if it has it that would help
m
l
June 25, 2012 7:24:28 AM

llDeaganll said:
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to record game audio and Skype audio in two separate tracks using MP3 Skype Recorder to record Skype and Fraps to record the game, but when I record with Fraps it also records my friends voice because it's recording Skype. Is there a way for me to record only gameplay to make sure that I have one track of us talking with MP3 Skype Recorder and another audio track of the gameplay audio so we can have a more professional video?

PS: I don't want to buy anything! I don't want another sound card etc.

THANK YOU!!

hmm you can try Ezvid free screen recorder for Windows - it's great for gameplay videos :D 

here's a quick tutorial for gameplay videos using Ezvid

http://www.ezvid.com/minecraft_screen_capture

it's a great alternative so you might wanna check it out
m
l
July 1, 2012 3:03:16 AM

This may not be what you are looking for but you never know.

If your on board sound card supports multi-steaming, you can have a headset and mic on the front ports just for skype and use the back line out ports for your games and record just that.

This may take some tweaking, but should work just fine.

The only down side, your game audio comes out of different speakers or headphones.

Ok this may sound like a bit of work, but it is FREE :) 

Speakers= default so Fraps would record it :)  and head phones allow hearing of Skype while Fraps does not hear it.

-First in the Realtek control panel select "Device Advanced Settings". Right top side
-Enable "Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio steams simultaneously" See image.
-Make sure you windows default audio device is your speakers or whatever is connected to the rear plugs.
- connect headphones to the from headphone jack(The mic can stay at its current location). Recheck that the rear output(speakers in my case) is still default.

At this point, you have to make sure your Skype outputs to the 2nd output and Skype recorder records from it.

You may see that i have stereo mix as default. This was a test(ensure I could record audio from speakers[winamp taking the place of game] while not hearing the 2nd output, team speak taking the place of Skype) and not needed for your setup. you should leave mic as default.

The downside is all in software support. Skype and Skype Recorder both need to be able to be set to the 2nd output(I would guess this should not be an issue. It is easier to make Skype output to the 2nd then to change all your games. some do not even support the change). And you will have 2 sets of speakers or 2 sets of headphones or one of each.

If you need clearing up. just post another message and it will try to get you a better walk through with more images. I just tossed that image together to make sure it would work right before posting.
m
l
!