Solved

Which drivers do I need to download

Just installed a new ssd, really really confused on what I do with my motherboard drivers, I don't have the disc on hand atm, although I can probably find it. I am really confused on which ones to download, what order I download/install them in, what I do after installation for each one, etc etc.

The motherboard I have is in my description thing, but here are the drivers I am looking at for it: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3953#dl

my os is windows 7 64bit.

Thank you for anything you can help me with, I am sorry I lack so much knowledge on how to do this sort of thing.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which drivers download
  1. go to the Support and Download tab, select Windows 7 64 bit. You'll need them all except the VGA driver unless you are using on-board graphics, then download that too. Unless Windows 7 auto-detects your lan driver you will have to do this on another pc and transfer with a usb or cd.
  2. go to the Support and Download tab, select Windows 7 64 bit. You'll need them all except the VGA driver unless you are using on-board graphics, then download that too. Unless Windows 7 auto-detects your lan driver you will have to do this on another pc and transfer with a usb or cd.

Do chipset (intel) first, then the others.
  3. Best answer
    Start with the Chipset Drivers, then LAN, VGA and Audio. If you want to preinstall the SATA driver for ACHI, you will have to download the 11.6, 0.40 MB, 2012/11/23
    driver on to a USB thumb drive. Then Press F6 during Windows setup to read from the USB drive.
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3953#dl
  4. cmichael138 said:
    Start with the Chipset Drivers, then LAN, VGA and Audio. If you want to preinstall the SATA driver for ACHI, you will have to download the 11.6, 0.40 MB, 2012/11/23
    driver on to a USB thumb drive. Then Press F6 during Windows setup to read from the USB drive.
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3953#dl

Can I just install the SATA RAID/AHCI drivers after audio? Or does it have to be preinstalled? Or can it just be ignored?
  5. It can be ignored, but if you want to install, should be done at beginning of Windows installation.
  6. Best answer selected by Acrylik.
  7. cmichael138 said:
    It can be ignored, but if you want to install, should be done at beginning of Windows installation.

Thank you. Regarding the vga drivers, whenever I try to install them it says I don't meet the minimum requirements to install them...I really am confused, it's not like my computer is especially low-end or anything...

should I just ignore it? been using it for awhile with the other drivers, it's working fine from what I can tell.
  8. You can ignore it as the system is using the Windows 7 64x drivers. If you want, you can check the web site for your graphics card and look for the latest/update drivers and download them. If you're happy with the current setup, just stay with it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Download Drivers