Problem smart dual lan port

mantech

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
Hi there! I have an issue with Dual lan port in Gigabyte ud4p p55 board. The board has two port for networks connectivity and I was using one and the other port has a small cover that can be uncover easily. Any way, the port I was using was working fine, until suddenly it stop working, I try updating the driver but no success. Also uninstall the driver via Device manager and no luck. Finally I check back panel of my pc and see that the port was not blinking so I did swithed to the other port which is working fine. But now I have the other port with a device problem. Can any one help me?

mantech

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
Merry Chritsmas! I manage to fix the problem about network connectivity. It is weird, I have no internet connection at all, even the network port in the back panel was not blinking. anyway the problem happened right when I installed wubi to install Ubuntu 10.04 which I did manage to install but with no internet. Then I boot back to windows 7 ultimate , that's when I found out about no network connection. I follow the basic diagnostic and normal procedures you know reseting the moden, router, uninstalling the network driver, etc. Finally I unplugg the computer check the inside to see if I can find anything unusual and nothing so what I just did was to unplugged one of the hard drives and then plugged everything and guess what!, my computer was working but not as expected. Now the hard drive is corrupted. but at least now I know is not a hardware problem and my gigabyte board is perfectly fine. So I did a fresh install of the Window 7 ultimate 64bit. Any way I'll appreciate your time and once again muchas gracias.

mantech

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
Hello there! I have a custom PC with 8GB of ddr3 with 4GB in each slot and two slot empty, a Gigabyte udp4 P55 board, a EVGA GTX 470 graphic card, one
CD/DVD RW drive, ang an Intel core i5 750 processor slightly overclock to 2.80 Ghz. I have Windows 7 Ultimate OEM 64bit.
Well I want to upgrade the memory to 16GB. But I don't know if I need to buy (2)two extra 4GB stick or should I get two(2) 8GB
memory. I appreciate any suggestion or help. Thanks.