My core is 58c is that to hot?

G

I have a program called Speedfan and though my computers fans don't respond to increase in voltage and speed settings i use speedfan for monitoring temperatures and i noticed my core is 58c (same as GPU)
so i was woundering if such heat can damage or possibly burn out the core or GPU if anybody can help thanks a load. :)

ArmoredKingyo

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012

Heat most definitely can burn out your GPU or CPU, but most systems have default settings to throttle the processors and even shutdown your whole system if it gets too hot. Whether or not these temps are too hot for your system depends on a lot of things, most importantly what exact chip you have. Different CPU's have different max temperatures.

G

what do you mean by, " though my computers fans don't respond to increase in voltage"?
have you been a naughty boy and been goofing around in your BIOS or some cr*ppy windows based O.C. software?

and yes heat can do damage, heat is only good for frying eggs.

theconsolegamer

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011

LOL

I guess he was just referring to speedfan though

G

To answer everyone who was asked me what chip i have i have taken the liberty of listing my whole computer specs:

2GB DDR2 RAM
140GB HDD
(CPU) intel g41 express chipset (2 cores)
(GPU) nvidia geforce 7900gs (512)MB
and thats all i can think of at the moment.

Hope this helped :)

G

No i have not been in my PC bios i just don't notice Fan increase in speed when adjusting voltage.

G

An the CPU is a dual core but i have no idea that it will affect temperatures.

The reading i see after playing Left for Dead is 70c and idle is 50c to 60c
i thought the dust might have something to do with it i took the hose extension on my vacuum cleaner and tried sucking the dust out. Still not much degrees lost one either the CPU or GPU i really hope this doesn't mess up my computer. Thats the the main reason im here.

G

The motherboard is a Biostar I don't know what kind though. (its a custom make computer)

G

I have used CPU-Z to fine out my cpu and a Intel Pentium 4 2.80GHz