Sign in with
Your question

My core is 58c is that to hot?

Last response: in CPUs
February 20, 2012 12:53:27 AM

I have a program called Speedfan and though my computers fans don't respond to increase in voltage and speed settings i use speedfan for monitoring temperatures and i noticed my core is 58c (same as GPU)
so i was woundering if such heat can damage or possibly burn out the core or GPU if anybody can help thanks a load. :) 

More about : core 58c hot

a c 203 à CPUs
February 20, 2012 1:57:38 AM

Hello Zinthex;

Too hot? Maybe. Maybe not.
Depends on what CPU you own.
m
l
February 20, 2012 3:23:24 AM

Zinthex said:
I have a program called Speedfan and though my computers fans don't respond to increase in voltage and speed settings i use speedfan for monitoring temperatures and i noticed my core is 58c (same as GPU)
so i was woundering if such heat can damage or possibly burn out the core or GPU if anybody can help thanks a load. :) 

Heat most definitely can burn out your GPU or CPU, but most systems have default settings to throttle the processors and even shutdown your whole system if it gets too hot. Whether or not these temps are too hot for your system depends on a lot of things, most importantly what exact chip you have. Different CPU's have different max temperatures.
m
l
Related resources
February 20, 2012 3:31:10 AM

Is this temp at idle or at full blast?
m
l
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
February 20, 2012 3:43:20 AM

Zinthex said:

what do you mean by, " though my computers fans don't respond to increase in voltage"?
have you been a naughty boy and been goofing around in your BIOS or some cr*ppy windows based O.C. software?

and yes heat can do damage, heat is only good for frying eggs.

m
l
February 20, 2012 3:58:20 AM

Anonymous said:
what do you mean by, " though my computers fans don't respond to increase in voltage"?
have you been a naughty boy and been goofing around in your BIOS or some cr*ppy windows based O.C. software?

LOL

I guess he was just referring to speedfan though
m
l
February 20, 2012 11:12:57 PM

WR2 said:
Hello Zinthex;

Too hot? Maybe. Maybe not.
Depends on what CPU you own.

To answer everyone who was asked me what chip i have i have taken the liberty of listing my whole computer specs:

2GB DDR2 RAM
140GB HDD
(CPU) intel g41 express chipset (2 cores)
(GPU) nvidia geforce 7900gs (512)MB
and thats all i can think of at the moment.

Hope this helped :) 
m
l
February 20, 2012 11:14:13 PM

Anonymous said:

No i have not been in my PC bios i just don't notice Fan increase in speed when adjusting voltage.
m
l
a c 203 à CPUs
February 20, 2012 11:20:47 PM

You left out the CPU - which is what everyone is curious about.
At least we know it's one of the many Intel CPUs that could fit in a G41 motherboard.
m
l
February 20, 2012 11:27:27 PM

theconsolegamer said:
Is this temp at idle or at full blast?

An the CPU is a dual core but i have no idea that it will affect temperatures.

The reading i see after playing Left for Dead is 70c and idle is 50c to 60c
i thought the dust might have something to do with it i took the hose extension on my vacuum cleaner and tried sucking the dust out. Still not much degrees lost one either the CPU or GPU i really hope this doesn't mess up my computer. Thats the the main reason im here.
m
l
a c 203 à CPUs
February 20, 2012 11:31:04 PM

Zinthex said:
idle is 50c to 60c
this is probably quite a bit higher than it should be. We normally expect to see temps ~20C lower for idle
m
l
February 20, 2012 11:31:43 PM

WR2 said:
You left out the CPU - which is what everyone is curious about.
At least we know it's one of the many Intel CPUs that could fit in a G41 motherboard.

The motherboard is a Biostar I don't know what kind though. (its a custom make computer)
m
l
February 20, 2012 11:35:49 PM

WR2 said:
We kinda need to know the model of CPU. Different CPUs have different max temp ratings.

CPU-z will get you the details: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

I have used CPU-Z to fine out my cpu and a Intel Pentium 4 2.80GHz
m
l
a c 203 à CPUs
February 20, 2012 11:42:54 PM

Zinthex said:
I have used CPU-Z to fine out my cpu and a Intel Pentium 4 2.80GHz
any more details from CPU-Z?
m
l
February 20, 2012 11:47:54 PM

WR2 said:
any more details from CPU-Z?

Not really so is that too hot? i can blow some dust or something.
m
l
February 25, 2012 7:51:37 PM

I'd check the heatsink and fan if too much gunk infiltrates these parts it can cause
excessive heat readings
m
l
!