Is this combination compatable?

dustinrr5

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Hello! I've been looking into upgrading my gpu, and my psu for my computer! My friend and I think we have everything figured out, but we arent 100% sure that everything will fit in my case/ if everything is compatible! Could you please help us?

My computer : http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=&cc=us&lang=&docname=c02053862&product=4176379

(I have the magnesium grey version)

Gpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500210

Psu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371016

Many thanks in advance!!

Solution
The PSU wil fit just fine. The video card may be a bit of a tight fit, it's not a very big case. You should be able to fit your card in, but you might have to remove one of the hard drive bays, it's hard to tell as HP doesn't offer an interior picture of your case. The newegg specs say the 560 you are going to order is 9 inches long. I would suggest you get out the measuring tape, and measure from the case back panel right next to your PCI-E slot to the hard drive bay, and make sure you have the necessary clearance for the new card. If you have more than 9 inches, you are good to go.
The PSU wil fit just fine. The video card may be a bit of a tight fit, it's not a very big case. You should be able to fit your card in, but you might have to remove one of the hard drive bays, it's hard to tell as HP doesn't offer an interior picture of your case. The newegg specs say the 560 you are going to order is 9 inches long. I would suggest you get out the measuring tape, and measure from the case back panel right next to your PCI-E slot to the hard drive bay, and make sure you have the necessary clearance for the new card. If you have more than 9 inches, you are good to go.

Solution

dustinrr5

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011

That's great news! I will open up and check tomorrow, when I have some free time! :) Thanks a bunch! So, other than some possible space issues, all of the parts seem compatible with each other?? my main concern is if the PSU has enough connectors for my motherboard and gpu! I am extremely new at this stuff, as this will be my first time installing anything! Any advice? (I've watched tons of tutorials, so I think I have a pretty good idea.)

Your PSU has enough connectors to power just about any single GPU setup. It's a good quality PSU so that won't be a problem. There shouldn't be any compatibility problems with your motherboard, it's new enough that there won't be any PCI-E 2.1 compatibility problems. As stated above, the only thing you need to worry about is whether there is enough clearance in your case to fit the card.

Only other suggestion is to take precautions against electrostatic discharge when you install the card, you don't want to accidentally damage during installation. If you don't have a ground bracelet or anti-static gloves, just make sure you aren't working on a carpeted floor, and touch the case or power supply with your hands before you take the card out of the anti-static bag. Good luck, and happy gaming.