Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Black screen with blinking cursor in the top left HELP!

Last response: in Components
Share
February 20, 2012 1:13:31 AM

Can somebody please help me figure out how to fix this problem. When I turn my computer on it goes to the Samsung screen and then quickly goes to a blank black screen with a blinking cursor and I cannot do anything...please helppppppppp
February 20, 2012 1:18:50 AM

PLease PLease! someone help!!! I f anyone has had this problem please tell me what you did to fix it :/ 
m
0
l
February 20, 2012 2:14:18 AM

We've all had this problem at sometime or the other in our lives, but, luckily for us we never had anything from Samsung in the rig. :) 
You need to be a little more specific with the rig specifications and what lead you to having this problem.
For the time being, you can try to boot into safe mode or doing a system restore and see if you can get it to work right.
m
0
l
Related resources
February 20, 2012 2:17:28 AM

Don't bump posts :) 

Anyway, are you able to enter your BIOS? What you are seeing usually means your system can't load the operating system. Do you have your Windows disk? If so, try to repair it with your Windows disk. It might have something to do with bootrec /fixmbr and bootrec /fixboot

Hope this helps.
m
0
l
February 20, 2012 2:19:56 AM

Almost sounds like a Windows Genuine Validation failure = pirate OS!
Or dead hdd!
m
0
l
February 20, 2012 11:43:53 AM

alyoshka said:
We've all had this problem at sometime or the other in our lives, but, luckily for us we never had anything from Samsung in the rig. :) 
You need to be a little more specific with the rig specifications and what lead you to having this problem.
For the time being, you can try to boot into safe mode or doing a system restore and see if you can get it to work right.




it won't let me go into safe mode, all I am able to do is go into the BIOS but can you tell me what to do from there please :) 
And how do I do a system restore?
m
0
l
February 20, 2012 12:05:25 PM

you cant system restore as you cant load windows

its not seeing your hard drive to boot from

look in the bios and see if your hard drive is listed--if not then its either faulty or has become disconnected

if its in the bios then set it as 1st boot device and make sure you havent left a cd/dvd in the cd/dvd drive if you

have one
m
0
l
February 20, 2012 12:05:47 PM

domdbomb10 said:
it won't let me go into safe mode, all I am able to do is go into the BIOS but can you tell me what to do from there please :) 
And how do I do a system restore?

Set it up from the bios to boot from CD, put the windows CD in and see what you can do from there. Best course of action is to do a windows boot repair or restore it to a previous session and see what results you can get.
m
0
l
July 12, 2012 8:55:02 PM

domdbomb10 said:
Can somebody please help me figure out how to fix this problem. When I turn my computer on it goes to the Samsung screen and then quickly goes to a blank black screen with a blinking cursor and I cannot do anything...please helppppppppp


The best thing to do is to create a recovery disk from any Windows 7 PC or laptop. Next, change the boot options in the Bios to boot from CD/DVD internal drive (check with manufactures documentation for correct F# key).

Insert recovery disk into cd/dvd drive and hit any key when prompted to do so. Select "Command Prompt" from the list of options then type the following:

Bootrec.exe

bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup

c:

cd boot

attrib bcd -s -h -r

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

bootrec /RebuildBcd

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

Remove recovery dick and boot from hard drive (don't forget to set the boot option back to HD).

Good Luck!!
m
0
l
!