Can't get past POST

Lenty

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Hi guys. Some PC Building help since I seem to be in a lot of difficulties. Firstly specs that I'm building with:

Motherboard: GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU: i5 2500k
PSU: Coolermaster Silent Pro 700W
RAM: 2*4Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz.

Current Main Symptoms: Press power button, it turns on, cpu fan starts up and within 3 seconds it turns off then immediately powers up again with the same. The computer does not display BIOS. I've tried just having the CPU + fan, PSU and RAM. If I remove RAM I get continual beeping as expected so CPU seems alive. The computer has been running fine as I've been copying files to the hard drives for a reinstall of windows (previous pc motherboard died I believe). However I'd been switching it on and off to use a live CD, got a Bios Error Message about incorrect CPU voltages and a message that fail-safes were being returned to (which was fine as other than checking everything was fine and changing boot order I hadn't fiddled).

Any ideas? Doesn't seem like a short circuit since I've had a look around and remounted it whilst trying to diagnose the problem.

Lenty

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Sorted this problem by resetting CMOS battery by removing for an hour and also reseating and switching the RAM. The problem had been caused by a corrupted BIOS. The backup BIOS copied across and the build continued!