Searching for a PSP Newsgroup

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 26, 2005 5:44:10 PM

Am reasonably sure there must be one.

Anyone assist these old drybones?
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 10:16:06 PM

drybones wrote:
> Am reasonably sure there must be one.
>
> Anyone assist these old drybones?

drybones, as far as I can tell, there is no PSP newsgroup.

now, there are google-only, user-made PSP groups, but these are not
'real' usenet groups since you cant get them on newservers in outlook
or other newsreaders. Isuppose these are the equivalent of yahoo
groups.

I'm wondering why there are no true newsgroups for PSP or DS yet.
March 27, 2005 3:43:51 PM

<videogamedude@gmail.com> wrote in message

> now, there are google-only, user-made PSP groups, but these are not
> 'real' usenet groups since you cant get them on newservers in outlook
> or other newsreaders. Isuppose these are the equivalent of yahoo
> groups.
>
> I'm wondering why there are no true newsgroups for PSP or DS yet.

Because someone has to suggest one and get it created. I posted about this
the other day. Anyone can put forward a request for the creation of an alt
group, but there are procedures to go through and it can be long winded.
Related resources
March 27, 2005 3:43:52 PM

"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> <videogamedude@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> now, there are google-only, user-made PSP groups, but these are not
>> 'real' usenet groups since you cant get them on newservers in outlook
>> or other newsreaders. Isuppose these are the equivalent of yahoo
>> groups.
>>
>> I'm wondering why there are no true newsgroups for PSP or DS yet.
>
> Because someone has to suggest one and get it created. I posted about
> this the other day. Anyone can put forward a request for the creation of
> an alt group, but there are procedures to go through and it can be long
> winded.

I thank both of you for your replies. Guess I shall have to wait for
someone to
set up a newsgroup.

Many thanks,
drybones
March 31, 2005 2:07:40 AM

"drybones" <drybones@nospam.net> wrote in message

> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> <videogamedude@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> now, there are google-only, user-made PSP groups, but these are not
>>> 'real' usenet groups since you cant get them on newservers in outlook
>>> or other newsreaders. Isuppose these are the equivalent of yahoo
>>> groups.
>>>
>>> I'm wondering why there are no true newsgroups for PSP or DS yet.
>>
>> Because someone has to suggest one and get it created. I posted about
>> this the other day. Anyone can put forward a request for the creation of
>> an alt group, but there are procedures to go through and it can be long
>> winded.
>>
> I thank both of you for your replies. Guess I shall have to wait for
> someone to
> set up a newsgroup.

Someone should pull their finger out and do it, there seems to be more PSP
than PS2 here at the moment!!!
!