Why is a p4 cooler not suitable for a core 2 duo

maplins say that their stock AKASA P4 COOLER is not suitable for a core 2 duo 6300 (Conroe). I am using one to replace a failed ASUS P5A2-8SB4W (Fan bearings failed) and it seems to cope .
6 answers Last reply
More about cooler suitable core
  1. I guess it's not designed with that CPU in mind. If it works, hats off to ya.
  2. it will work fine. The cpu gives off the same amount of heat and operates at around the same temperatures. They just don't want to get sued if something goes wrong on things they didn't test.
  3. colin_techy said:
    maplins say that their stock AKASA P4 COOLER is not suitable for a core 2 duo 6300 (Conroe). I am using one to replace a failed ASUS P5A2-8SB4W (Fan bearings failed) and it seems to cope .

Hi,

Do you mean AK-675 cooler? This model is only for socket 478. You need a cooler which supports LGA775.
  4. akasa said:
    Hi,

Do you mean AK-675 cooler? This model is only for socket 478. You need a cooler which supports LGA775.

The Cooler I am using is the AK-955 described as for INTEL P4 Socket LGA775
  5. Check the TDP ratings of the CPU's your interested in. Most Core 2's should be fine, but some far exceed the TDP rating of the highest P4's (85W or less).
  6. colin_techy said:
    The Cooler I am using is the AK-955 described as for INTEL P4 Socket LGA775

The TDP of C2D E6300 is 65W. AK-955 will work fine with it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Akasa Core Cooling Components