Sign in with
Your question

SLI HELP - ASUS GeForce GTX 570 DirectCU II 1280MB

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 23, 2011 4:07:30 AM

Hello all, I am rephrasing my question to:

I wish to get two 'ASUS GeForce GTX 570 DirectCU II 1280MB' and run them in SLI. The problem is that most motherboards won't fit two in the first two PCI-E slots, at least I think so as it takes up 3 expansion slots. This means I can't take advantage of the x16 and x8 slots which even out to x8/x8 with SLI. I have heard that some motherboards x16 on several slots or other variables. Can anyone shed some light on how I could pull of SLI with these cards?

Thanks,

CptTroll
a c 91 Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
September 23, 2011 4:27:07 AM

ASUS Rampage III Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

This is an example of a board that you can use for the two cards. You did not post a budget or what type of CPU you were going with , that is why I just picked this one as an example. If you were more specific I could recomend a board within your budget if you had one. The other thing is why would you want to use a video card that takes up 3 slots , there are a lot of good cards out there that only take up two.
m
l
September 23, 2011 4:29:33 AM

Thanks for the quick reply! I will edit my post now and give you all my exact specifications - budget/requirements etc for my new build. But to answer your question, that model of 570 is quieter and cooler than most. Though I am very willing to look at alternatives.
m
l
Related resources
a c 91 Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
September 23, 2011 4:35:30 AM

EVGA 025-P3-1579-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) HD 2560MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card $394.99 and a $20 rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168....

This one card has twice the video memory of the Asus card and has the same clock speed. Evga tech support , customer service and warrenty is light years better than Asus. Evga gives you a warrenty for the life of the card , how can you beat that. The feedback on this card is exceptional.
m
l
September 23, 2011 4:54:46 AM

That link of yours appears to be broken as it redirects me to a search. I cannot buy from newegg either. I have updated my post with all the relevant information though, so that might help you a bit! I have found that GPU on pccasegear for $479 though. That site is well known for the cheapest rates in Australia too, America gets it so much cheaper :( 
m
l
September 23, 2011 6:53:03 AM

inzone said:
ASUS Rampage III Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

This is an example of a board that you can use for the two cards. You did not post a budget or what type of CPU you were going with , that is why I just picked this one as an example. If you were more specific I could recomend a board within your budget if you had one. The other thing is why would you want to use a video card that takes up 3 slots , there are a lot of good cards out there that only take up two.

MOBO wont work with the desired processor
m
l
February 7, 2012 5:18:37 PM

This is a pic with the temps of sli 570 dcii with no overclock on a sandybridge p8z68v-pro/gen3, inside a thermaltake v4, after a match in crysis 2. The cards are not intended for such mb, I guess they sell them with a long sli cable for a reason.

On furmark vga1 reached 98 quite fast before I closed it and it was still climbing. I'm not gonna worry about what will happen with the temp in summer because I'm gonna watercool them. The sound of the fans at 100% is .. I don't know, maybe someone else will like some turbines in his room!

On the other hand the performance from single to sli is something else. Everything is just smooth.. :bounce: 

m
l
!