My PC cannot start after i add a hard disk, no power to the pc.

Ineedhelpguys

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
Ouch.. now that s*cks it's was my 1st guess too... hmm, incase it really is shorted... is there still another way to retrieve my files on that HD?

full systems specs?.. here ya go.. i hope im done this right..

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
System Manufacturer: ECS
System Model: G41T-R3
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2048MB RAM

cool-n-quiet

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
The only way to get your files back is to have it done professional (where they remove the actual disk and put it into a new hard disk in a sealed lab) or find another hard drive with exactly the same circuit board and specifications and swap the circuit boards over. I've never done this myself but that might be a possible solution. If its important data on there though, I would just get a professional to do it.

Ineedhelpguys

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
sir, rolli59 uhm im ussing a 220V 4A 50hz power supply, sorry but that all i know about my PSU... T_T

mr. cool-n-quiet... it would be to risky if i would have to buy a same hd, just to open it up cuz i'm still a noob on that area, and i'll be having no idea what im about to do... so i guess i got no other choice but to seek a professional help huh..

cool-n-quiet

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Well the circuit board is on the outside but yes, If your not sure the best thing to do is try and find a professional data recovery service. Does the system boot up without the hard drive?

ajrm

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
It could also be the power connector, the ones that convert the normal 4 pin power input to sata,
It once happened to me - I had connected a HDD and the grounding on the converter was not connected properly and the computer did not post, removed it and fixed it back and it worked fine. you could try reconnecting the sata power to your HDD and try again Might work.

Ineedhelpguys

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
yes!! moar way! ill try that right away mister ajrm!

rolli59,cool-n-quiet... if it really is a short, i guess i have to move on and forget that 1Tb of files ever existed... cuz im guessing a professional help is more expensive that buying a new one

Ineedhelpguys

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
@szaboaz, i havent tried tryin it out with other pc's (but im gonna).. though i already tried the usb enclosure.. but nope.. no luck with that...

@rolli59, i guess that would be my last hope if there will be no other way T__T