Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can you replace the punch out pci expansion slots somehow?

Last response: in Components
February 20, 2012 10:24:11 AM

i wanted to get the cooler master elite 430 but the expansion slots are making me hesitant on buying it and just going for the nzxt m59..

only things i really dont like about the m59 though is the front, it looks too wierd to me... and the leds in the front seem like they would be real bright at night..

so, does anyone know if i can replace the expansion slots once i punch them out of the cm elite 430?..
a c 1200 ) Power supply
February 20, 2012 3:27:21 PM

That's Cooler Master's typical cost cutting method they use on their cheap cases.

If you need to recover the open slots you'll need to purchase slot covers like @mcnumpty23 linked to.
m
l
Related resources
February 20, 2012 7:15:07 PM

ko888 said:
That's Cooler Master's typical cost cutting method they use on their cheap cases.

If you need to recover the open slots you'll need to purchase slot covers like @mcnumpty23 linked to.

Oooooh okay, ive got those on the case im using right now and some on my very old Hp Pavilion a804n case...
m
l
February 20, 2012 7:37:50 PM

A warning on the Elite 430, the whole power button lights up bright blue and is bright enough to light up a dark room, but on either of those cases you could always leave the leds unplugged.
m
l
February 20, 2012 7:52:47 PM

With the M59 you can disable the front LEDs. They are powered through a Molex connector which you can simply unplug. As NZXT has lower profit margins, you will generally see more quality for the price compared with CM. If the M59 does not suit you, you should take a look at the Source 210 or Tempest 210.
m
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
February 20, 2012 7:58:02 PM

Jdm13oiZz said:
Oooooh okay, ive got those on the case im using right now and some on my very old Hp Pavilion a804n case...

well if they have a hole for a screw then you can probably re-use those ones if you need to
February 20, 2012 10:12:11 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
well if they have a hole for a screw then you can probably re-use those ones if you need to

Yep they do, each one has their own screw for the Pavillion a804n case. However, on the case im using now, it uses 1 screw to hold them all in place. So i guess i should be good to go, that was really my only problem with the CM Elite 430. Thanks guys for replying.
m
l
February 20, 2012 10:12:48 PM

Best answer selected by Jdm13oiZz.
m
l
!