Sign in with
Your question
Solved

GA-890GPA-UD3H no display, no beeps, no post, problem

Last response: in Motherboards
December 27, 2012 5:05:03 AM

So as of lately I have been having A TON of problems with my new build. But I will get straight to the point. Yesterday i was using my computer just fine (out of the case), it was on the mobo box because it would freeze during boot in the case. And since it was working just fine out of the case, I wanted to try again and see if i could get it to work in the case. So I put everything in there and turned it on. It posted, went to the windows splash screen and froze... darn. But, thats not my main worry right now. After that, I decided to reset the CMOS to see if that would fix anything. Keep in my I have done this many times before with no problems just by taking the battery out. But this time I decided just to short the two prongs next to the battery to reset the cmos. And after that I have had no display, no beeps from my speaker,I even removed all ram and the hard drive. Still no beeps. but all of the fans are still spinning, even the gpu fans. So what the hell man! lol. I am extremely dissapointed this had to turn out this way and Im worried that im going to have to invest more money into a new mobo. any ideas? Anything would be great.

SPECS:
mobo: GA-890GPA-UD3H
gpu: sapphire radeon 6870
cpu: amd phenom II x6 1090
heat sink: Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus
RAM: corsair vengeance 8gb (2x4)

Best solution

a c 76 V Motherboard
December 27, 2012 5:23:52 AM

this the complete step for troubleshooting
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...
December 27, 2012 5:30:50 AM

AMD Radeon said:
this the complete step for troubleshooting
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...

Thanks for the reply but I have been there before and it hasn't helped me. And other people have had a similar problem with this same motherboard. So i'm starting to think its a mobo problem. Its really depressing tbh
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
December 27, 2012 5:38:37 AM

Check all cables are correctly fitted in sockets.Reinsert Gpu.after got display update bios ,hdd ,Gpu firmwares.
m
l
December 27, 2012 5:43:29 AM

hytecgowthaman said:
Check all cables are correctly fitted in sockets.Reinsert Gpu.after got display update bios ,hdd ,Gpu firmwares.

Since i have been having this problem for the past two days and have been working non stop to fix it, I have already tried this. Lol. and the problem with this is that I dont even get a beep with I have no hard drive, or ram in. Thanks for the reply though.
m
l
a c 558 V Motherboard
December 27, 2012 6:06:48 AM

Hi, Have you removed the jumper after shorting the 2 pins ("After clearing the CMOS values and before turning on your computer, be sure to remove the jumper cap from the jumper. Failure to do so may cause damage to the motherboard") and was the power cord unplugged?
m
l
December 27, 2012 6:18:10 AM

alexoiu said:
Hi, Have you removed the jumper after shorting the 2 pins ("After clearing the CMOS values and before turning on your computer, be sure to remove the jumper cap from the jumper. Failure to do so may cause damage to the motherboard") and was the power cord unplugged?

well at first I used a screw driver to do so. So initially I didnt have a jumper on there. After resetting it with the screw driver is where this problem began. I did however tried to reset it again but with a jumper. I turned on the computer afterwards with the jumper on for a few moments before realizing that it was still on there. I removed it and turned it back on again, with no difference in problems than before. And yes. The power cord that goes to the psu was unplugged when I reset it.
m
l
a c 558 V Motherboard
December 27, 2012 6:28:42 AM

Then the motherboard might be damaged. If there's a case speaker connected, try starting the board with only CPU and CPU fan installed. If no beeps, then I would RMA the board.
m
l
December 28, 2012 3:40:18 AM

alexoiu said:
Then the motherboard might be damaged. If there's a case speaker connected, try starting the board with only CPU and CPU fan installed. If no beeps, then I would RMA the board.

Its been awhile since I have bought this board. Will gigabyte accept my rma if I dont have the proof of purchase?
m
l
a c 558 V Motherboard
December 28, 2012 6:17:28 AM

I don't know. Probably not.
m
l
!