I5 2400 integrated graphics on h61 board

Hello,

I just got myself an i5 2400 with a msi h61 mainboard. Saving up for gpu so thought I'd give the integrated onboard graphics a go in the meantime. Problem is, it only runs at 256mb max and games wont open. Cant it go higher? Is it limited because of the mainboard? I tried setting it higher in the bios but could not and the intel graphics options when I right click on desktop shows that max memory usage is 256. Currently running xp, but switching to 7 soon. Any ideas/help
4 answers Last reply
More about 2400 integrated graphics board
  1. I believe the Z68 chipset is the only one that fully utilizes built the built in gpu,that could be why your limited
  2. What kind of errors(if any) are you getting when you attempt to start a game, and what game?
  3. momazboy said:
    I believe the Z68 chipset is the only one that fully utilizes built the built in gpu,that could be why your limited

Did your momma tell you that? :pt1cable:

Why don't you list your full system specs so we can help you. It should work flawlessly out of the box. Tell us what you did, was this an upgrade, a new build? Did you do a fresh Windows install? Did you install your motherboards chipset drivers?
  4. Stephan25 said:
    Hello,

I just got myself an i5 2400 with a msi h61 mainboard. Saving up for gpu so thought I'd give the integrated onboard graphics a go in the meantime. Problem is, it only runs at 256mb max and games wont open. Cant it go higher? Is it limited because of the mainboard? I tried setting it higher in the bios but could not and the intel graphics options when I right click on desktop shows that max memory usage is 256. Currently running xp, but switching to 7 soon. Any ideas/help

Switching to windows 7 will increase your video memory
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i5 Graphics