Wanted: a Neverwinter Nights module of Baldur's Gate and S..

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

it can be a campaign, but I found one that took me as far as beregost, and
could go to gnoll strong hold... but not nashkell, and not to city of BG,
not to cloakwood mines... and I was thinking it could link both with BG1
location cloudpeak mountains and bg2 location in mountains to north near
there as one ...
make it mp and not needing dm...
I wanna use the full 3d to start in candle keep to amn to beyond...
17 answers Last reply
More about wanted neverwinter nights module baldur gate
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Stanley Rexwinkle wrote:

    > it can be a campaign, but I found one that took me as far as
    beregost, and
    > could go to gnoll strong hold... but not nashkell, and not to city of
    BG,
    > not to cloakwood mines... and I was thinking it could link both with
    BG1
    > location cloudpeak mountains and bg2 location in mountains to north
    near
    > there as one ...
    > make it mp and not needing dm...
    > I wanna use the full 3d to start in candle keep to amn to beyond...

    Hey Stanley that sounds great - when do you think you'll have it ready?

    Best of luck with such an ambitious project - and let me know if you
    need any beta testers.

    All the best,

    CC
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    I think he wants a module with Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 scenario to play, not
    trying to make one :)

    It would be great if somebody did a module or campaign with the original
    scenario of BG 1 & 2. But, Stanley my friend, modules with that kind of
    complexity can't be made in a couple of nights ;)

    TK

    --

    "Two Wrongs doesn't make a Right, but Three Lefts do."
    --LordSpikeT 2005

    "magnate" <chrisc@dbass.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Stanley Rexwinkle wrote:
    >
    > > it can be a campaign, but I found one that took me as far as
    > beregost, and
    > > could go to gnoll strong hold... but not nashkell, and not to city of
    > BG,
    > > not to cloakwood mines... and I was thinking it could link both with
    > BG1
    > > location cloudpeak mountains and bg2 location in mountains to north
    > near
    > > there as one ...
    > > make it mp and not needing dm...
    > > I wanna use the full 3d to start in candle keep to amn to beyond...
    >
    > Hey Stanley that sounds great - when do you think you'll have it ready?
    >

    > Best of luck with such an ambitious project - and let me know if you
    > need any beta testers.
    >
    > All the best,
    >
    > CC

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    LordSpike wrote:
    > It would be great if somebody did a module or campaign with the original
    > scenario of BG 1 & 2. But, Stanley my friend, modules with that kind of
    > complexity can't be made in a couple of nights ;)

    full ack

    And in addition to that you might get into real trouble with the
    distributers of the games concerning license stuff because you can still
    buy both titles.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Jens Saak wrote:
    > And in addition to that you might get into real trouble with the
    > distributers of the games concerning license stuff because you can still
    > buy both titles.

    Possibly. Possibly not. Atari is now the sole distributor of D&D-based
    games, and both BG1 and BG2 are discount rack games (the full BG2 +
    Throne of Bhaal expansion is $20 new, I don't think you can even buy BG1
    new any more). Though Atari is the distributor, WotC (Hasbro) owns the
    D&D license and anything produced for D&D is, more or less, theirs. And
    WotC has pretty much given free reign to the NWN community to produce
    NWN versions of any module--including print, older CRPGs, etc. There's
    tons of copyrighted material being used as the basis for modules: Pool
    of Radiance, Temple of Elemental Evil, etc. (Someone's even produced a
    Diablo re-creation, which is not D&D, and suffered no consequences, AFAICT.)
    --
    Barry Scott Will
    Pyric RPG Publications

    Barry Scott Will wrote:

    > I don't think you can even buy BG1
    > new any more).

    I think you can still find BG/Tales for $20 as well, at places like
    GameStop.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Barry Scott Will wrote:

    > Possibly. Possibly not. Atari is now the sole distributor of
    > D&D-based games, and both BG1 and BG2 are discount rack games (the
    > full BG2 + Throne of Bhaal expansion is $20 new, I don't think you can
    even buy
    > BG1 new any more).

    I'm not sure if Atari is involved in the games which originally were
    published by Interplay, because a few weeks ago a "Black Isle
    Compilation II" appeared in the stores in Germany. The box
    contains BG1 + ToSC, BG2 + ToB, IWD 1 + HoW, and IWD 2 for a price of 30
    EUR.

    It shows the Bioware, Black Isle, and WotC logos, but nothing
    from Atari.

    Hans
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    I might try it but just now studying the script language... I was just kind
    of putting the idea out there for somebody ... but if no one else does it, I
    might just make a greater BG 1&2 campaign module... but I'll need help.. I
    may need to borrow bg items from other mods... and heads... and maybe my
    friends can help...

    "magnate" <chrisc@dbass.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Stanley Rexwinkle wrote:
    >
    >> it can be a campaign, but I found one that took me as far as
    > beregost, and
    >> could go to gnoll strong hold... but not nashkell, and not to city of
    > BG,
    >> not to cloakwood mines... and I was thinking it could link both with
    > BG1
    >> location cloudpeak mountains and bg2 location in mountains to north
    > near
    >> there as one ...
    >> make it mp and not needing dm...
    >> I wanna use the full 3d to start in candle keep to amn to beyond...
    >
    > Hey Stanley that sounds great - when do you think you'll have it ready?
    >

    > Best of luck with such an ambitious project - and let me know if you
    > need any beta testers.
    >
    > All the best,
    >
    > CC

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    I realize that it would take time.. but I'm willing to help as much as I
    can... maybe do some work on it... I'm new to the module making and the
    script language... it looks a little like c language...

    "LordSpike" <lord_spike@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I think he wants a module with Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 scenario to play, not
    > trying to make one :)
    >
    > It would be great if somebody did a module or campaign with the original
    > scenario of BG 1 & 2. But, Stanley my friend, modules with that kind of
    > complexity can't be made in a couple of nights ;)
    >
    > TK
    >
    > --
    >
    > "Two Wrongs doesn't make a Right, but Three Lefts do."
    > --LordSpikeT 2005
    >

    > "magnate" <chrisc@dbass.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Stanley Rexwinkle wrote:
    >>
    >> > it can be a campaign, but I found one that took me as far as
    >> beregost, and
    >> > could go to gnoll strong hold... but not nashkell, and not to city of
    >> BG,
    >> > not to cloakwood mines... and I was thinking it could link both with
    >> BG1
    >> > location cloudpeak mountains and bg2 location in mountains to north
    >> near
    >> > there as one ...
    >> > make it mp and not needing dm...
    >> > I wanna use the full 3d to start in candle keep to amn to beyond...
    >>
    >> Hey Stanley that sounds great - when do you think you'll have it ready?
    >>

    >> Best of luck with such an ambitious project - and let me know if you
    >> need any beta testers.
    >>
    >> All the best,
    >>
    >> CC

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    well some stuff could be altered like a fellow that wrote a shortened
    version had candlekeep as square... and no training area [the illusion room]
    .... but lots of other areas could be made...
    "Jens Saak" <jens.saak@epost.de> wrote in message
    > LordSpike wrote:
    >> It would be great if somebody did a module or campaign with the original
    >> scenario of BG 1 & 2. But, Stanley my friend, modules with that kind of
    >> complexity can't be made in a couple of nights ;)
    >>
    > full ack
    >
    > And in addition to that you might get into real trouble with the
    > distributers of the games concerning license stuff because you can still
    > buy both titles.

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Then it can be done... a Greater Sword Coast Area module covering BG1,TOSC,
    BG2/SOA,and TOB wow... could be done as a campaign modules... definitely
    modify it for multiplayer...maybe even multiparty for various folks to solve
    various quests in it....

    "Barry Scott Will" <nwn_usenet@cavecreations.net> wrote in message
    > Jens Saak wrote:
    >> And in addition to that you might get into real trouble with the
    >> distributers of the games concerning license stuff because you can still
    >> buy both titles.
    >

    > Possibly. Possibly not. Atari is now the sole distributor of D&D-based
    > games, and both BG1 and BG2 are discount rack games (the full BG2 + Throne
    > of Bhaal expansion is $20 new, I don't think you can even buy BG1 new any
    > more). Though Atari is the distributor, WotC (Hasbro) owns the D&D license
    > and anything produced for D&D is, more or less, theirs. And WotC has
    > pretty much given free reign to the NWN community to produce NWN versions
    > of any module--including print, older CRPGs, etc. There's tons of
    > copyrighted material being used as the basis for modules: Pool of
    > Radiance, Temple of Elemental Evil, etc. (Someone's even produced a Diablo
    > re-creation, which is not D&D, and suffered no consequences, AFAICT.)
    > --
    > Barry Scott Will
    > Pyric RPG Publications
    > http://www.pyric.com/
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Hans Wein wrote:
    > I'm not sure if Atari is involved in the games which originally were
    > published by Interplay, because a few weeks ago a "Black Isle
    > Compilation II" appeared in the stores in Germany. The box
    > contains BG1 + ToSC, BG2 + ToB, IWD 1 + HoW, and IWD 2 for a price of 30
    > EUR.
    >
    > It shows the Bioware, Black Isle, and WotC logos, but nothing
    > from Atari.

    Infogrames (the original publisher of NWN) bought Interplay and Black
    Isle, both of which went bankrupt, and they "merged" with Atari and
    changed their name. Everything D&D is now put out by Atari (neê Infogrames).
    --
    Barry Scott Will
    Pyric RPG Publications

    John Salerno wrote:
    > Barry Scott Will wrote:
    >
    >> I don't think you can even buy BG1 new any more).
    >

    > I think you can still find BG/Tales for $20 as well, at places like
    > GameStop.

    If so, it's a copy that's been sitting in inventory for a long time and
    you shouldn't pay $20 for it. :) Online, Gamestop, EBGames, et. al. only
    sell the BG2 collection. You can, of course, find still-shrinkwrapped
    copies of the BG collection on eBay, Amazon.com Shops, etc.
    --
    Barry Scott Will
    Pyric RPG Publications

    Stanley Rexwinkle wrote:
    > Then it can be done... a Greater Sword Coast Area module covering BG1,TOSC,
    > BG2/SOA,and TOB wow... could be done as a campaign modules... definitely
    > modify it for multiplayer...maybe even multiparty for various folks to solve
    > various quests in it....

    Actually, noticed on NWVault last night there is a BG persistent world.
    You should check it out.
    --
    Barry Scott Will
    Pyric RPG Publications

    Barry Scott Will wrote:
    > John Salerno wrote:
    >
    >>Barry Scott Will wrote:
    >>

    >>>I don't think you can even buy BG1 new any more).
    >>

    >>I think you can still find BG/Tales for $20 as well, at places like
    >>GameStop.
    >

    > If so, it's a copy that's been sitting in inventory for a long time and
    > you shouldn't pay $20 for it. :) Online, Gamestop, EBGames, et. al. only
    > sell the BG2 collection. You can, of course, find still-shrinkwrapped
    > copies of the BG collection on eBay, Amazon.com Shops, etc.

    I might be wrong, it might be $9.99. I'll check next time, just out of
    curiosity.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Barry Scott Will wrote:

    > Infogrames (the original publisher of NWN) bought Interplay and Black
    > Isle, both of which went bankrupt, and they "merged" with Atari and
    > changed their name. Everything D&D is now put out by Atari (neê
    > Infogrames).

    Most of the development of NWN was done with Interplay as the planned
    publisher. Things began to change when Hasbro took over WotC, and the
    final result was a deal between Bioware and Interplay, where Interplay
    got the rights over the "old" Infinity Engine, and Infogames became the
    new publisher of NWN. This happened only six months before NWN went
    gold, and is IMO one of the reasons why the OC looks a little
    unfinished.

    On the other side, more than 50% of the Interplay shares were bought up
    by Titus Interactive, also a French company, in 2003. Last week I got
    some news, telling that Titus is broken down finally too now, and noboby
    knows what will happen to the remains of Interplay. Infogames/Atari
    wasn't mentioned at all there.

    Hans
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    In alt.games.baldurs-gate Barry Scott Will <nwn_usenet@cavecreations.net> wrote:

    : Infogrames (the original publisher of NWN) bought Interplay and Black
    : Isle, both of which went bankrupt, and they "merged" with Atari and
    : changed their name. Everything D&D is now put out by Atari (neê Infogrames).

    No they didn't. Black Isle remains a unit of Interplay, and Interplay remains a unit of Titus. Yes, Titus
    and Interplay are in dire financial straits, but they are not owned by Atari.

    --
    Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    the only ones I saw went to beregost, gnoll stronghold and bandit camp... no
    nashkell and no cloakwood... if we came together and laid out a general
    plan for dividing bg1 and bg2 into smaller campaign modules and different
    people could work on different parts... or at least different parts of huge
    module..

    > Stanley Rexwinkle wrote:
    >> Then it can be done... a Greater Sword Coast Area module covering
    >> BG1,TOSC, BG2/SOA,and TOB wow... could be done as a campaign modules...
    >> definitely modify it for multiplayer...maybe even multiparty for various
    >> folks to solve various quests in it....
    >

    > Actually, noticed on NWVault last night there is a BG persistent world.
    > You should check it out.
    > --
    > Barry Scott Will
    > Pyric RPG Publications