Wanted: a Neverwinter Nights module of Baldur's Gate and S..

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

it can be a campaign, but I found one that took me as far as beregost, and
could go to gnoll strong hold... but not nashkell, and not to city of BG,
not to cloakwood mines... and I was thinking it could link both with BG1
location cloudpeak mountains and bg2 location in mountains to north near
there as one ...
make it mp and not needing dm...
I wanna use the full 3d to start in candle keep to amn to beyond...

magnate

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Stanley Rexwinkle wrote:

> it can be a campaign, but I found one that took me as far as
beregost, and
> could go to gnoll strong hold... but not nashkell, and not to city of
BG,
> not to cloakwood mines... and I was thinking it could link both with
BG1
> location cloudpeak mountains and bg2 location in mountains to north
near
> there as one ...
> make it mp and not needing dm...
> I wanna use the full 3d to start in candle keep to amn to beyond...

Hey Stanley that sounds great - when do you think you'll have it ready?

Best of luck with such an ambitious project - and let me know if you
need any beta testers.

All the best,

CC

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

I think he wants a module with Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 scenario to play, not
trying to make one :)

It would be great if somebody did a module or campaign with the original
scenario of BG 1 & 2. But, Stanley my friend, modules with that kind of
complexity can't be made in a couple of nights ;)

TK

--

"Two Wrongs doesn't make a Right, but Three Lefts do."
--LordSpikeT 2005

LordSpike wrote:
> It would be great if somebody did a module or campaign with the original
> scenario of BG 1 & 2. But, Stanley my friend, modules with that kind of
> complexity can't be made in a couple of nights ;)

full ack

And in addition to that you might get into real trouble with the
distributers of the games concerning license stuff because you can still
buy both titles.

Jens Saak wrote:
> And in addition to that you might get into real trouble with the
> distributers of the games concerning license stuff because you can still
> buy both titles.

Possibly. Possibly not. Atari is now the sole distributor of D&D-based
games, and both BG1 and BG2 are discount rack games (the full BG2 +
Throne of Bhaal expansion is $20 new, I don't think you can even buy BG1
new any more). Though Atari is the distributor, WotC (Hasbro) owns the
D&D license and anything produced for D&D is, more or less, theirs. And
WotC has pretty much given free reign to the NWN community to produce
NWN versions of any module--including print, older CRPGs, etc. There's
tons of copyrighted material being used as the basis for modules: Pool
of Radiance, Temple of Elemental Evil, etc. (Someone's even produced a
Diablo re-creation, which is not D&D, and suffered no consequences, AFAICT.)
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

Barry Scott Will wrote:

> I don't think you can even buy BG1
> new any more).

I think you can still find BG/Tales for $20 as well, at places like
GameStop.

Barry Scott Will wrote:

> Possibly. Possibly not. Atari is now the sole distributor of
> D&D-based games, and both BG1 and BG2 are discount rack games (the
> full BG2 + Throne of Bhaal expansion is $20 new, I don't think you can
even buy
> BG1 new any more).

I'm not sure if Atari is involved in the games which originally were
published by Interplay, because a few weeks ago a "Black Isle
Compilation II" appeared in the stores in Germany. The box
contains BG1 + ToSC, BG2 + ToB, IWD 1 + HoW, and IWD 2 for a price of 30
EUR.

It shows the Bioware, Black Isle, and WotC logos, but nothing
from Atari.

Hans

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

I might try it but just now studying the script language... I was just kind
of putting the idea out there for somebody ... but if no one else does it, I
might just make a greater BG 1&2 campaign module... but I'll need help.. I
may need to borrow bg items from other mods... and heads... and maybe my
friends can help...

"magnate" <chrisc@dbass.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Stanley Rexwinkle wrote:
>
>> it can be a campaign, but I found one that took me as far as
> beregost, and
>> could go to gnoll strong hold... but not nashkell, and not to city of
> BG,
>> not to cloakwood mines... and I was thinking it could link both with
> BG1
>> location cloudpeak mountains and bg2 location in mountains to north
> near
>> there as one ...
>> make it mp and not needing dm...
>> I wanna use the full 3d to start in candle keep to amn to beyond...
>
> Hey Stanley that sounds great - when do you think you'll have it ready?
>

> Best of luck with such an ambitious project - and let me know if you
> need any beta testers.
>
> All the best,
>
> CC

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

I realize that it would take time.. but I'm willing to help as much as I
can... maybe do some work on it... I'm new to the module making and the
script language... it looks a little like c language...

"LordSpike" <lord_spike@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I think he wants a module with Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 scenario to play, not
> trying to make one :)
>
> It would be great if somebody did a module or campaign with the original
> scenario of BG 1 & 2. But, Stanley my friend, modules with that kind of
> complexity can't be made in a couple of nights ;)
>
> TK
>
> --
>
> "Two Wrongs doesn't make a Right, but Three Lefts do."
> --LordSpikeT 2005
>

> "magnate" <chrisc@dbass.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Stanley Rexwinkle wrote:
>>
>> > it can be a campaign, but I found one that took me as far as
>> beregost, and
>> > could go to gnoll strong hold... but not nashkell, and not to city of
>> BG,
>> > not to cloakwood mines... and I was thinking it could link both with
>> BG1
>> > location cloudpeak mountains and bg2 location in mountains to north
>> near
>> > there as one ...
>> > make it mp and not needing dm...
>> > I wanna use the full 3d to start in candle keep to amn to beyond...
>>
>> Hey Stanley that sounds great - when do you think you'll have it ready?
>>

>> Best of luck with such an ambitious project - and let me know if you
>> need any beta testers.
>>
>> All the best,
>>
>> CC

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

well some stuff could be altered like a fellow that wrote a shortened
version had candlekeep as square... and no training area [the illusion room]
.... but lots of other areas could be made...
"Jens Saak" <jens.saak@epost.de> wrote in message
> LordSpike wrote:
>> It would be great if somebody did a module or campaign with the original
>> scenario of BG 1 & 2. But, Stanley my friend, modules with that kind of
>> complexity can't be made in a couple of nights ;)
>>
> full ack
>
> And in addition to that you might get into real trouble with the
> distributers of the games concerning license stuff because you can still
> buy both titles.

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

Then it can be done... a Greater Sword Coast Area module covering BG1,TOSC,
BG2/SOA,and TOB wow... could be done as a campaign modules... definitely
modify it for multiplayer...maybe even multiparty for various folks to solve
various quests in it....

Hans Wein wrote:
> I'm not sure if Atari is involved in the games which originally were
> published by Interplay, because a few weeks ago a "Black Isle
> Compilation II" appeared in the stores in Germany. The box
> contains BG1 + ToSC, BG2 + ToB, IWD 1 + HoW, and IWD 2 for a price of 30
> EUR.
>
> It shows the Bioware, Black Isle, and WotC logos, but nothing
> from Atari.

Infogrames (the original publisher of NWN) bought Interplay and Black
Isle, both of which went bankrupt, and they "merged" with Atari and
changed their name. Everything D&D is now put out by Atari (neê Infogrames).
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

John Salerno wrote:
> Barry Scott Will wrote:
>
>> I don't think you can even buy BG1 new any more).
>

> I think you can still find BG/Tales for $20 as well, at places like
> GameStop.

If so, it's a copy that's been sitting in inventory for a long time and
you shouldn't pay $20 for it. :) Online, Gamestop, EBGames, et. al. only
sell the BG2 collection. You can, of course, find still-shrinkwrapped
copies of the BG collection on eBay, Amazon.com Shops, etc.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

Stanley Rexwinkle wrote:
> Then it can be done... a Greater Sword Coast Area module covering BG1,TOSC,
> BG2/SOA,and TOB wow... could be done as a campaign modules... definitely
> modify it for multiplayer...maybe even multiparty for various folks to solve
> various quests in it....

Actually, noticed on NWVault last night there is a BG persistent world.
You should check it out.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

Barry Scott Will wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>
>>Barry Scott Will wrote:
>>

>>>I don't think you can even buy BG1 new any more).
>>

>>I think you can still find BG/Tales for $20 as well, at places like
>>GameStop.
>

> If so, it's a copy that's been sitting in inventory for a long time and
> you shouldn't pay $20 for it. :) Online, Gamestop, EBGames, et. al. only
> sell the BG2 collection. You can, of course, find still-shrinkwrapped
> copies of the BG collection on eBay, Amazon.com Shops, etc.

I might be wrong, it might be $9.99. I'll check next time, just out of
curiosity.

Barry Scott Will wrote:

> Infogrames (the original publisher of NWN) bought Interplay and Black
> Isle, both of which went bankrupt, and they "merged" with Atari and
> changed their name. Everything D&D is now put out by Atari (neê
> Infogrames).

Most of the development of NWN was done with Interplay as the planned
publisher. Things began to change when Hasbro took over WotC, and the
final result was a deal between Bioware and Interplay, where Interplay
got the rights over the "old" Infinity Engine, and Infogames became the
new publisher of NWN. This happened only six months before NWN went
gold, and is IMO one of the reasons why the OC looks a little
unfinished.

On the other side, more than 50% of the Interplay shares were bought up
by Titus Interactive, also a French company, in 2003. Last week I got
some news, telling that Titus is broken down finally too now, and noboby
knows what will happen to the remains of Interplay. Infogames/Atari
wasn't mentioned at all there.

Hans

In alt.games.baldurs-gate Barry Scott Will <nwn_usenet@cavecreations.net> wrote:

: Infogrames (the original publisher of NWN) bought Interplay and Black
: Isle, both of which went bankrupt, and they "merged" with Atari and
: changed their name. Everything D&D is now put out by Atari (neê Infogrames).

No they didn't. Black Isle remains a unit of Interplay, and Interplay remains a unit of Titus. Yes, Titus
and Interplay are in dire financial straits, but they are not owned by Atari.

--
Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

the only ones I saw went to beregost, gnoll stronghold and bandit camp... no
nashkell and no cloakwood... if we came together and laid out a general
plan for dividing bg1 and bg2 into smaller campaign modules and different
people could work on different parts... or at least different parts of huge
module..