Sign in with
Your question

LCD or CRT Gaming.

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 21, 2003 5:09:24 PM

I play Counter-Strike. It's a major fps game and currently I am building my new system. And I want the best 17inch LCD monitor for gaming. I was looking at the Hercules ProphetView 920. But I am not sure. For CRTs I am looking for 19inches or bigger. But please anyone. I really like the LCDs. But I just want what would be best for my new gaming system. Thanks alot.

More about : lcd crt gaming

March 22, 2003 2:30:47 AM

The best 17inch LCD monitor for gaming at the moment is Hitachi CML174SXW.
March 24, 2003 10:55:40 PM

yes, I've owned that monitor now for 4 month (it's been great so far) waiting for 19 inch model now to run dual monitors
March 27, 2003 4:12:12 PM

This board has been asked this very same question many times over the past few months, and the response is always - get the Hitatchi. I think for any serious gamer 16ms response is a must.

However, I wanted something taht would match my system, and imho the Hitatchi looked ugly - and didnt fit. There were a few Acer models that did - but availability was non-existant.

What did I do? Well, I decided to buy a Iiyama Visionmaster 1451 - only £140, great quality 19" CRT. I'll wait another 12-24 months to see what pans out with LCDs that I like - things can only get better, or prices lower ;)  After all, even the best LCDs still don't seem to me to be suited to gaming yet - just check out things such as motion blur and all that malarky in these boards.
!