Where is backup catalog in Kodak EasyShare?

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 25, 2005 7:22:33 PM

What is the location of the BACKUP catalog that Kodak Easy Share uses?
The data in my backup catalog is incorrect.
The regular catalog data is found in two files 'easyshare.me' and
'easyshare.mm' in "o:\program files\Kodak\Kodak easyshare
software/catalog".
I used 'add/remove' to delete the old software several months ago. There
were no folders marked 'Kodak' anywhere on my system. I decided to
install the newer version but the first attempt failed. According to the
codes given, it was because there were still some fragments that were
not deleted that were interfering with the new install. I was directed
to run a special program from Kodak called 'ESS4clear.exe', which was
supposed to delete these fragments. After running this program, I again
manually checked for any Kodak folders and found none. The second
attempt at installing the newest version of Easy Share was successful.
EXCEPT THAT, Instead of the clean install I expected, the program found
a previous catalog backup and loaded it.
The backup is incorrect and almost 1500 pictures have broken links which
point to a location on a drive which has changed its assigned letter
since the backup catalog was created.

I can, and have, deleted all of the incorrect data from the new catalog,
but that old catalog data obviously still exits somewhere, just waiting
to come forward the next time there is a glitch. Where is it located so
I can remove it, permanently?

Sorry for the long post

Gil
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 3:15:26 AM

"gil" <gilsxervicxes@ns.sxympatico.ca> wrote in message
> What is the location of the BACKUP catalog that Kodak Easy Share uses?
> The data in my backup catalog is incorrect.
> The regular catalog data is found in two files 'easyshare.me' and
> 'easyshare.mm' in "o:\program files\Kodak\Kodak easyshare
> software/catalog".
> I used 'add/remove' to delete the old software several months ago. There
> were no folders marked 'Kodak' anywhere on my system. I decided to
> install the newer version but the first attempt failed. According to the
> codes given, it was because there were still some fragments that were
> not deleted that were interfering with the new install. I was directed
> to run a special program from Kodak called 'ESS4clear.exe', which was
> supposed to delete these fragments. After running this program, I again
> manually checked for any Kodak folders and found none. The second
> attempt at installing the newest version of Easy Share was successful.
> EXCEPT THAT, Instead of the clean install I expected, the program found
> a previous catalog backup and loaded it.
> The backup is incorrect and almost 1500 pictures have broken links which
> point to a location on a drive which has changed its assigned letter
> since the backup catalog was created.
>
> I can, and have, deleted all of the incorrect data from the new catalog,
> but that old catalog data obviously still exits somewhere, just waiting
> to come forward the next time there is a glitch. Where is it located so
> I can remove it, permanently?
>
> Sorry for the long post
>
> Gil

Gil,
I have found pictures archived in two places, they are Hidden Kodak jpg's,
C:\program files\Kodak\kodak easyshare software\originals. Also in
C:\windows\temp. look for folders with numbers for names.
Bill
!