Video card update issue.

i have a galaxy 8400 gs and every time i update the driver and restart the computer i get the blue screen of death. I already have the driver installed that came with the cd but i had to do it in safe mode so it doesnt crash but i want the newest update to be installed. The way i want to install it is by going to the nvidia website and getting the driver update there. How can i update it without it crashing?
5 answers Last reply
More about video card update issue
  1. If your crashing you probably have another hardware issue.

Try using driversweeper to get rid of all your nvidia drivers. Then re-boot and do not let windows install a vga driver. Then get the latest from Nvidia.

See if that works.
  2. geekapproved said:
    If your crashing you probably have another hardware issue.

Try using driversweeper to get rid of all your nvidia drivers. Then re-boot and do not let windows install a vga driver. Then get the latest from Nvidia.

See if that works.

how do you not let windows install the vga driver because every time i reboot it has it installed already.
  3. It doesn't really matter. Did it work starting from scratch?
  4. geekapproved said:
    It doesn't really matter. Did it work starting from scratch?

No the only thing i can do to update is the cd everything else makes it crash after a reboot. I used the update option in device manager and the nvdia website.
  5. I have a feeling you have another hardware issue. Either power supply or memory.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Blue Screen Graphics