Sign in with
Your question

Video card update issue.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 23, 2011 6:48:27 PM

i have a galaxy 8400 gs and every time i update the driver and restart the computer i get the blue screen of death. I already have the driver installed that came with the cd but i had to do it in safe mode so it doesnt crash but i want the newest update to be installed. The way i want to install it is by going to the nvidia website and getting the driver update there. How can i update it without it crashing?
a b U Graphics card
September 23, 2011 7:45:31 PM

If your crashing you probably have another hardware issue.

Try using driversweeper to get rid of all your nvidia drivers. Then re-boot and do not let windows install a vga driver. Then get the latest from Nvidia.

See if that works.
m
l
September 24, 2011 1:24:25 AM

geekapproved said:
If your crashing you probably have another hardware issue.

Try using driversweeper to get rid of all your nvidia drivers. Then re-boot and do not let windows install a vga driver. Then get the latest from Nvidia.

See if that works.

how do you not let windows install the vga driver because every time i reboot it has it installed already.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 24, 2011 1:58:55 PM

It doesn't really matter. Did it work starting from scratch?
m
l
September 24, 2011 7:27:35 PM

geekapproved said:
It doesn't really matter. Did it work starting from scratch?

No the only thing i can do to update is the cd everything else makes it crash after a reboot. I used the update option in device manager and the nvdia website.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 25, 2011 4:21:25 PM

I have a feeling you have another hardware issue. Either power supply or memory.
m
l
!