T630 disconnects from bluetooth headset after calls

Hi,
My Sony Ericsson T630 disconnects from my bluetooth headset (a Logitech
Mobile Freedom) after
calls, and I have to go in to the phone menu and explicitly reconnect the
headset.

I haven't tried any other headsets with the phone yet.

Any ideas? I've had a search of the T630 knowledge base on the Sony Ericsson
web site, but
didn't find anything which seemed relevant.

Thanks,
Greg.
4 answers Last reply
More about t630 disconnects bluetooth headset calls

    If it helps, the disconnect seems to occur exactly two minutes after the
    call
    has completed.

    I really like this phone - I suspect I'll end up returning the headset and
    finding one that works with the phone.

    Greg.
    p.s No help from the Logitech support pages either.

    "Greg" <greg.REMOVEsullivan@THIScomputer.org> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > My Sony Ericsson T630 disconnects from my bluetooth headset (a Logitech
    > Mobile Freedom) after
    > calls, and I have to go in to the phone menu and explicitly reconnect the
    > headset.
    >
    > I haven't tried any other headsets with the phone yet.
    >
    > Any ideas? I've had a search of the T630 knowledge base on the Sony
    > Ericsson web site, but
    > didn't find anything which seemed relevant.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Greg.

    Despite the fact that it's disconnecting, I've discovered to my relief
    that it will auto connect, after about four seconds, when an incoming
    call is received. Until now I thought this wasn't happening.
    (once I wasn't able to receive calls on the headset, but I think
    I was a bit ambitious with my button pressing, and got the headset
    confused)

    It also auto-connects for outgoing calls as well, and the delay here
    is less important.

    When the connection is in the disconnected state, the headset
    LED flashes once each time. When it's connected, it flashes
    three times. The single flash indicates standby, and the three flashes
    indicate "ready to receive calls". I presume it uses less power
    in the standby state than it does in the "ready" state, but I'm not sure.

    So it appears that the headset is going into a standby mode
    in certain situations, and it needs four seconds to come out of
    standby. There doesn't appear to be a way to prevent
    standby mode, but this whole problem isn't nearly as serious as
    I thought.

    Greg.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Hi. greetings from Portugal.
    I own a T630 and also a K700i, both with latest software versions from Sony
    Ericsson in Portugal.
    Because me and my wife use a car for daily comute, I've decided to buy two
    carkits (Blueone Easy from www.eurotekitalia.com). In both we have the same
    problem with both phones... It disconnects from the carkit after about 15
    minutes of driving, but if i receive a call it ends up pairing again and
    transfer the call to the kit... Also I've noticed that altough the kit's
    manual states that it is compatible with Portable Handsfree and HFP modes,
    but both phones recognize them as Headsets...
    Hope this sharing of experience brings some light into this issue...
    Regards
    Miguel Pereira

    "Greg" <greg.REMOVEsullivan@THIScomputer.org> escreveu na mensagem
    > Despite the fact that it's disconnecting, I've discovered to my relief
    > that it will auto connect, after about four seconds, when an incoming
    > call is received. Until now I thought this wasn't happening.
    > (once I wasn't able to receive calls on the headset, but I think
    > I was a bit ambitious with my button pressing, and got the headset
    > confused)
    >
    > It also auto-connects for outgoing calls as well, and the delay here
    > is less important.
    >
    > When the connection is in the disconnected state, the headset
    > LED flashes once each time. When it's connected, it flashes
    > three times. The single flash indicates standby, and the three flashes
    > indicate "ready to receive calls". I presume it uses less power
    > in the standby state than it does in the "ready" state, but I'm not sure.
    >
    > So it appears that the headset is going into a standby mode
    > in certain situations, and it needs four seconds to come out of
    > standby. There doesn't appear to be a way to prevent
    > standby mode, but this whole problem isn't nearly as serious as
    > I thought.
    >
    > Greg.

  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Thanks Miguel.

    If I explicitly "connect" the headset (from the phone menu), the connection
    seems
    to persist indefinitely, until I make a call. Once I make a call, the
    connection will
    be dropped 2 minutes later.

    Your 15 minute disconnect seems to be a bit different to the problem I'm
    having.
    (although possibly related)

    I haven't done any upgrades of the software in my phone yet. I found a web
    site which lists the software revisions, and the revision in mine *seems* to
    be current. (R6C005)

    Greg.

    "Miguel Pereira" <miguelnuno@netcabo.pt> wrote in message
    > Hi. greetings from Portugal.
    > I own a T630 and also a K700i, both with latest software versions from
    > Sony Ericsson in Portugal.
    > Because me and my wife use a car for daily comute, I've decided to buy two
    > carkits (Blueone Easy from www.eurotekitalia.com). In both we have the
    > same problem with both phones... It disconnects from the carkit after
    > about 15 minutes of driving, but if i receive a call it ends up pairing
    > again and transfer the call to the kit... Also I've noticed that altough
    > the kit's manual states that it is compatible with Portable Handsfree and
    > HFP modes, but both phones recognize them as Headsets...
    > Hope this sharing of experience brings some light into this issue...
    > Regards
    > Miguel Pereira
    >

    > "Greg" <greg.REMOVEsullivan@THIScomputer.org> escreveu na mensagem
    >> Despite the fact that it's disconnecting, I've discovered to my relief
    >> that it will auto connect, after about four seconds, when an incoming
    >> call is received. Until now I thought this wasn't happening.
    >> (once I wasn't able to receive calls on the headset, but I think
    >> I was a bit ambitious with my button pressing, and got the headset
    >> confused)
    >>
    >> It also auto-connects for outgoing calls as well, and the delay here
    >> is less important.
    >>
    >> When the connection is in the disconnected state, the headset
    >> LED flashes once each time. When it's connected, it flashes
    >> three times. The single flash indicates standby, and the three flashes
    >> indicate "ready to receive calls". I presume it uses less power
    >> in the standby state than it does in the "ready" state, but I'm not sure.
    >>
    >> So it appears that the headset is going into a standby mode
    >> in certain situations, and it needs four seconds to come out of
    >> standby. There doesn't appear to be a way to prevent
    >> standby mode, but this whole problem isn't nearly as serious as
    >> I thought.
    >>
    >> Greg.

Bluetooth Gaming Headsets Sony Ericsson