Just Installed win 7 need some help..

matek07x

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
I just built my rig, not the best but gets the job done for now... my question is I have a older pci usb 3.0 card that I installed, since my mobo didn't come ready with usb 3.0 soooo I installed it, now I want to know, how do I make sure that everything is working correctly without any conflicts or errors? also how do i make sure that the pci card installed is working at 3.0 speed and not slower? Pretty much I want to make sure that my windows configuration is good and nothing has any conflicts and errors... Thanks for your help!

Just put it in. Update the driver to the most recent version. Enable write cache for the USB 3.0 drive. Transfer a large file from an internal SATA driver to a USB 3.0 drive. If it is about 45-90MB/s (speed depends on whether it is a 2.5 or 3.5 inch drive and at what platter density), then you are fine.

matek07x

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Ok, great.. I checked the Device Manager I show no question marks or anything good sign, also for the usb I did what you stated Seems to work pretty good I have a Toshiba 1T external 2.5"...
And here are my pc Stats. What do you guys think ?
-AMD PHENOM II X2 550 3.1GHZ
-ASUS M5Z78L-MLX SERIES MOBO
-CORSAIR 8GB RAM 1600
-1 TB SATA INTERNAL
-SHITTY GRAPHIC CARD ( USING ON BOARD CURRENTLY )