Sign in with
Your question

First build. Advice and suggestions please

Last response: in Systems
November 20, 2011 1:37:15 PM

Hey,

Am making my first build. I've been looking on the internet and reviews to find the best parts possible.
This is what I've currently have found.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14

GPU: Am currently waiting on the new 7xxx series and the 6xx series or buy one now?

Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH P67

Ram: Corsair 8 GB DDR3-1600

Hard Drive OS: OCZ Vertex 3 120G SSD

Hard Drive Data: Waiting for price drop ( Thailand floods )

Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W ( Strong enough for further SLI or CF ?)

CD/Blue ray player-burner: Samsung SH-B123L ( Blue ray )

Case: Cooler Master HAF 922M

I've chosen the I5 2500K because it has great and has OC options. Now I was wondering what cooler to get if i let's say wanted to OC It to @4.2 - 4.5 Ghz at max 65°C. Would the Noctua D14 do the job or is it out dated ? I taught the Corsair H60 or H70 maybe do better, what would you recommend?

As for the HDD Data would you recommend me to wait till prices drop or won't it drop soon ?
The same for the GPU, would you recommend me to wait or buy one now or SLI, CF.

I would like the play Diablo 3 Maxed out and if possible with the budget BF3 maxed as reference to be bit further proof

Keep in mind i can't use American internet stores as I live in Belgium

My information

Approximate Purchase Date: This week till February.

Budget Range: 1000-1500 Euro ( Around 1400 would be ideal )

System Usage from Most to Least Important: AutoCAD ( Drawing ), Photoshop, After effect, Games ( Like Diablo 3 ), Fast all around

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I would like a quiet PC but Strong

What do you guy's think ? Am happy to hear your opinions.

I hope you have all the information, If not i will add it.

Thanks in advance

Cédric
November 20, 2011 1:54:19 PM

If you are still happy with your computer right now. It would be best if you waited until January or a week before Diablo 3 comes out to buy.

Although, I could confidently say that the i5-2500k will still be the best CPU at that time.

An asrock extreme4 gen3 (z68 mobo)would be best for you since it is a great overclocker. It can easily reach 4.5GHz on Air.

Don't get a CM power supply, they are the worst. They are a quality that puts the CM name sound like trash.

You might want a Corsair TX750 <-- Pretty good PSU for the price. It can handle 560ti SLI easily with Hard core OC. It's hard to recommend for the 7000 series but they are supposed to be more efficient with power.

Not sure with the cooler since I have no experience with that. :) 

EDIT: HDD prices are said to normalize by Q4 or by December 2012 at the latest. :(  It's best if you can find any deals with HDD.
November 20, 2011 2:09:25 PM

I Recommend you go to X79 now than later because IvyBridge-E is ganna be the top high-end CPU for Socket LGA 2011... It is said that IVB-E(LGA 2011) is better than IVB(LGA 1155) because of 10 Cores on the IVB-E...

Get H100 which should do great for $110

If you want to wait for the 6XX series(Which is better than 7xxx series due to features on 6XX series) which is very long so either go with GTx 580 and wait like 1 year or so than upgrade OR you can get a GT 520 and upgrade later which i recommend it if you dont have a built in Graphic...

Since your doing After Effect, get 2600k with the HyperThreading(Or go to X79 which is better when IVB-E comes out or when you get the 8 Cores SB-E) BTW, try to win the weekly challenge for free LGA 2011 processor!!! http://www.facebook.com/Newegg?sk=app_201143516562748

BTW, If you want a air cooler for cpu, i recommend this heatsink!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
also get the Noctua Thermal Paste
!