Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow_city

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Hey guys. :)

Ok I have this old computer, important file server. A very old NEC PC. The fan in the power supply is dieing after 6 years, so I need a new power supply. I have a (Dell) Bestec ATX300D5WB PSU that works fine and I want to reuse it. Specs:

+12V: 18A
+5V: 22A
+3.3V: 17A
-12C: 0.8A
+5VSB: 2A

Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
4x512mb ddr ram
X1600
7200 rpm sata drive
Some mATX NEC motherboard
Stock 92mm and 80 mm fans

Nothing is overclocked.

It's a 300 watt power supply. The old power supply was 315 watt (I forgot the amps). So do you guys think this will work? And this Dell PSU has no molex connectors so do you think those SATA to molex connectors are safe? Thanks in advance.

Solution
There's a very good chance that it will work just fine.

The ATI Radeon X1600 has a maximum board power of 56 Watts and obtains all of its power through the graphics card slot.

The SATA to 4-pin Molex peripheral adapters should work fine for any low power draw devices.

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
+1

If you're running a server, then your power requirements are low. However, make sure it's a reputable brand (Seasonic, Corsair, XFX, Enermax etc). There are some dodgy PSUs out there which can damage your system if you're not careful.

There's a very good chance that it will work just fine.

The ATI Radeon X1600 has a maximum board power of 56 Watts and obtains all of its power through the graphics card slot.

The SATA to 4-pin Molex peripheral adapters should work fine for any low power draw devices.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.