P5Q deluxe problem?

issepower

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
So today I started to play Far Cry 3. Everytime after 5-10 minutes te game crashes and i hear the GPU (asus gtx570) restarting(fan spinning fast and then slower).

My Q8300 was overclocked so i thought it was maybe a bad overclock. I restarted my pc with cpu stock speeds and then windows alway got stuck at logo and crashed. My ram are 2x2gb G Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK.

I started to search what the actual problem was so I removed one of the DIMMs. Then Windows did boot. 2 Dimms are working but separatly.

Now should I RMA the motherboard or is the problem somewhere else?

Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: I also resetted the CMOS, but nothing...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
It sounds like a bad stick of memory. If you can get the PC to boot to BIOS, set the 1st boot device to the DVD drive and reboot with a Memtest CD in the drive. It will run a memory test on the RAM stick(s). It's best to check one stick at a time.

http://www.memtest.org/
Download the ISO file and burn the pgm to a CD. It will produce a bootable CD you can check memory with. Let it run for several hours or until it shows errors.

issepower

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

Hi, I tested my two sticks separatly on the 4 slots. And memtest worked with 4 slots....

issepower

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
I think bumping up the nb voltage from 1.4 to 1.5 did the trick. Just because that 0.1v

Weird no? My board is now definitely unstable right?

TRENDING THREADS