Another Ericsson Chatpen CHA-30 question

Last response: in Technologies
Share
March 26, 2005 6:59:33 AM

I have an Ericsson Chatpen digital pen that uses the Bluetooth connection to
my Ericsson R520m phone to access the T-Mobile internet network and then a
server in Sweden to send e-mails, but I can't connect to the Swedish anoto
server. I get an error message, "Connection to pls.anoto.com server failed.
Network too busy. Retry?" I think this is a configuration problem with my
settings. Anybody ever use one of these digital pens on the T-Mobile network
and get it to work?

BTW, repeated calls to T-Mobile's tech support department have proven
fruitless.

Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 3:01:14 AM

Hi David
I have question for you ....
I just bought one on ebay from a guy in denmark and pairing code was not
included
so I did not get to use it yet ( still talking to SE people in UK to get
corect pairing code for it, in USA SE
people had no idea what I was talking about) so the question is did yours
came with different than 0000 code?
I still don't get it why would they do that, who keeps track of all those
pin #'s?
And one more comes to mind..
is it absolutely needed to go via swedesh server? Who cares how you enter
SMS or e-mail into your phone?
or cariers are just making money on it this way too?
Magic

"David" <n4wwl@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have an Ericsson Chatpen digital pen that uses the Bluetooth connection
> my Ericsson R520m phone to access the T-Mobile internet network and then a
> server in Sweden to send e-mails, but I can't connect to the Swedish anoto
> server. I get an error message, "Connection to pls.anoto.com server
failed.
> Network too busy. Retry?" I think this is a configuration problem with my
> settings. Anybody ever use one of these digital pens on the T-Mobile
network
> and get it to work?
>
> BTW, repeated calls to T-Mobile's tech support department have proven
> fruitless.
>

> Thanks in advance.

August 16, 2005 4:40:54 AM

Magic --
My pairing passcode was different; it was not 0000. It came listed on a
separate slip of paper in the Chatpen box. I purchased mine from Sysnet in
the UK. I think the reason for using the Swedish Anoto server is that that
server is used to transmit the data from the digital paper just as it
appears on the page when you write it. If you just want to send SMS or
e-mail, you don't need the digital pen or the Anoto server -- you can do it
just from your phone.

I'm not surprised no one at SE USA could answer your questions. I have not
found anyone in the US who knew anything about the Chatpen or how it works.
After troubleshooting with Sysnet and my service provider for a month
(T-Mobile), we finally got it to work. (What service provider do you use?)

I will send you a digital post-it to your e-mail address and you can see
what it ooks like for yourself. But you will need the pairing passcode to
get it to work.

Hope this helps.

"Magic" <msobieszek@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi David
> I have question for you ....
> I just bought one on ebay from a guy in denmark and pairing code was not
> included
> so I did not get to use it yet ( still talking to SE people in UK to get
> corect pairing code for it, in USA SE
> people had no idea what I was talking about) so the question is did yours
> came with different than 0000 code?
> I still don't get it why would they do that, who keeps track of all those
> pin #'s?
> And one more comes to mind..
> is it absolutely needed to go via swedesh server? Who cares how you enter
> SMS or e-mail into your phone?
> or cariers are just making money on it this way too?
> Magic
>
> "David" <n4wwl@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I have an Ericsson Chatpen digital pen that uses the Bluetooth
connection
> > my Ericsson R520m phone to access the T-Mobile internet network and then
> > server in Sweden to send e-mails, but I can't connect to the Swedish
anoto
> > server. I get an error message, "Connection to pls.anoto.com server
> failed.
> > Network too busy. Retry?" I think this is a configuration problem with
my
> > settings. Anybody ever use one of these digital pens on the T-Mobile
> network
> > and get it to work?
> >
> > BTW, repeated calls to T-Mobile's tech support department have proven
> > fruitless.
> >

> > Thanks in advance.

January 6, 2006 2:50:08 AM

hey guys, I am in the USA and i am about to buy one of these chatpen off of ebay, just have 2 quick questions, this would work on my P900. it just works on any bluetooth phone right? second is, do you have anything that you have written using the pen and sent it to your email? i just would like to see how it looks, let me know thanks.
!