I5 2500 turbo boost not working on h61 motherboard..

darksmart

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
Hi
Recently I kissed goodbye to my AMD x6 thuban and bought an I5 2500(non k) with Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H usb 3.0 mother board.. :pfff:
But what i noticed is that unlike the amd x6 1090t,the turbo core doesn't jumps from 3.3 to 3.7 GHz even if m running heavy cpu intensive tasks such as gaming,video encoding,running pcsx2(ps2 emulator).While In my AMD x6,I was able to see the frequency jump from 3.2 to 3.6 GHZ when running pcsx2.
Why is is happening so?Does the H61 supports turbo boost?I think i can yield better performance if the clock jumps to 3.7 GHZ. :(
Any Suggestions???

87ninefiveone

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
H61 certainly supports Turboboost. What you may be seeing is that the processor doesn't consider the load heavy enough to engage Turboboost. There's also the possibility that you have 3-4 cores active which is stopping Turboboost from ramping up the CPU speed (although you should still get a 100MHz bump in this case).

Next time you restart your system enter your BIOS and check to see whether Turbo Boost is enabled or not. Most BIOS systems do contain a setting to enable/disable the feature if desired.

EDIT: Check under "Advanced CPU Core Features" in your BIOS. Turboboost feature should be either "ON" or "AUTO". You can also adjust the turbo frequencies here and up them a bit if you want to.

darksmart

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010

Turbo boost is set to auto by default..and cpu runs at 3.2 to 3.3 and when i set it to enabled,it can't go beyond 2.4.Is there any way to overclock on h61??

You can't oc on h61, also turbo boost depends on how your programs are threaded. If they are made for single cores or multiple cores.