System:

Asus p8p67 evo
i5 2500K
corsair 2 x 4GB vengeance
2 x 2tb wd caviar black
samsung 830 ssd
engtx 460

Details:

So I wanted to buy a new power supply because my old one died, thing is I want it to be a platinum one (I love the efficiency of platinum ones) and I want it to be ready for upgrade of my pc. When nvidia gets out the new cards I'll grab one and later one probably a second one and make an sli configuration. Also maybe i'll upgrade to intel's new chpset when it comes out.

So I want it to deffinitely be ready for sli of the new nvidia cards and also for overclocking of the cards and the CPU.

I have almost fell in love with XFX 1000 watt power supply. Don't consider the budget now. Just tell me if the XFX 1000 platinum will be ok for 2 card sli (the new nvidia ones when they come out) and overclocking in everything or whatever other recomendation you have.

Thank you

That depends very much on the graphics cards you will be using and whether or not they are overclocked and whether or not your CPU is being overclocked.

Assuming you have a motherboard that can handle 3-way SLI and you were to use three factory over clocked GeForce GTX 580's and you want your system to be able to handle running Furmark or OCCT GPU stress testing then the answer would be definitely no.