Radeon HD 4650 with Core2duo E7500

Arock

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
Hi guys :) I need some remarks or comments based on the situation ie,currently i have a very old rig,config as follows:

P4 630 HT 3Ghz (2mb L2 cache,800mhz FSB
Intel 915gav mobo
2.5Gb DDR1 Ram (400mhz,in dual channel mode)
Xfx Radeon HD 4650 1Gb DDR2
500GB Sata 3gbps Hdd

Now the thing is recently i m getting a 2nd hand rig's(2 years old) components at a very mere price,& i will replace(mentioned below) them in my old pc ^^^

Core2duo E7500 (2.93GHz,3MB L2,1066FSB)
Asus P5KPL-AM/PS mobo
2GB DDR2 Ram at 800Mhz(1 stick,will buy another stick soon & make it dual channel)

The question is will the gfx card will bottleneck the cpu or cpu will bottlneck the gfx card???& if the ans is the 1st one then which will be the best gfx card should i take to complinent with the cpu & game at 1440x900(for future)? Btw now I game at 1024x768 res.
Note:My current old pc runs almost all modern games at playable frames at medium to high settings like COD MW3,Red Faction Armageddon,GOW,Dirt 3 etc not NFS Run & Battlefield 3 :D

thanks guys for your comments :)

Solution
No bottleneck problem with that little card and at that resolution. You can upgrade when funds available to a faster card without worry. (Depending on PSU size, of course)
Remember, for good framerate in gaming it's mainly about the video card.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
No bottleneck problem with that little card and at that resolution. You can upgrade when funds available to a faster card without worry. (Depending on PSU size, of course)
Remember, for good framerate in gaming it's mainly about the video card.

Solution

Arock

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009

thanxx for your replies guys..me 2 think it should balanced at 1024x768 but if i go to higher res i probably need a more powerful card like 6850 or the new 7770...after all at higher res gfx card matters most..btw if i upgrade to more powerful card like 6850 or the new 7770 in future will the cpu will be a bottleneck???& ofcourse i will upgrade the psu accordingly..I dont want to OC(at least till last).

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

I wouldn't worry about bottlenecking so much. Besides, your processor w/HD 6850 wouldn't produce enough of a bottleneck (if any) to be a deal breaker anyway. That CPU and GPU combo should produce good framerates up to 1680x1050. Maybe more. But upgrade to at least 4GB system memory. Here's a hierarchy chart of gaming CPUs. Yours fall nicely in the mid range of processors. Enjoy.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-5.html

Arock

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009

Thanxxx man for the xplaination..& ofcourse i will add an another 2gb stick & make it dual channel..:)